Tennis Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
53,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Gaby last tournament of the season, will try to make the cut off for AO Q.
She is supposed to play $25K Tucson the following week also.
If she intented to secure the AO qualifying she should have played those $25K in Florida on clay instead of going to hardcourts.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I thought maybe after reading their website they were going to have a legit 2-match night session each night, but it looks like, at least on Monday, it's just a single match on Court 1 that has a "not before 5 PM" start. I wouldn't call that a night session, but that is still approximately 2 more hours of tennis than they scheduled any day last year if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I thought maybe after reading their website they were going to have a legit 2-match night session each night, but it looks like, at least on Monday, it's just a single match on Court 1 that has a "not before 5 PM" start. I wouldn't call that a night session, but that is still approximately 2 more hours of tennis than they scheduled any day last year if I'm not mistaken.
I really don't think there's a need to have a night session, although the latest match I saw last year was at night with Nicole Gibbs and I think that got started after 6 pm.
There's not really that big of a draw and most of the fans leave before 4 pm to beat the traffic as most folks in Houston live in the suburbs.

With the rain delay going on right now that might push some matches back, but there's plenty of courts to push players onto rather than have them stay later in the day or night.

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
Kayla Day career high of 122, what went wrong?

Simply not good enough?

Remember watching a AO qualifier and not really being impressed.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Oh Osuigwe, what in the world is going on? After the clay season, she was on the verge of flying into the Top 100.... but now?! Just a terrible second half of the year. And what’s with the 16 UE?!

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
It's now 7°C (45°F) and raining in Houston. Can they move indoors? Even if the rain stops, conditions will be horrible.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Falconi into the SF here.... wondering if she still has ambitions to be #1, or if that ship has sailed. I know she had some injury issues, but her confidence in her abilities always seemed to exceed her actual level.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Falconi into the SF here.... wondering if she still has ambitions to be #1, or if that ship has sailed. I know she had some injury issues, but her confidence in her abilities always seemed to exceed her actual level.
Not that I needed another reason to like Falconi, but she greatly exceeded my expectations in this tournament. What a badass.

·
Premium Member
169,809 Posts
A CoCo vs Flipper final :cool: The final will be live-streamed at noon Eastern Time Zone :cool: So about 4 hrs and 39 minutes from this post :wink2:

41 - 52 of 52 Posts