(5/wc)Pereira v Bertens
Vekic v Sasnovich
(wc)Dellacqua v Pironkova
Davis v (4)Wickmayer

(6)Doi v Rodina
Han v Falconi
Witthoeft v Cepelova
Crawford v (2/wc)Begu
Friedsam lost out to Hibino on being 8th seed by 4 ranking points. Let that be a lesson to you all: Every ranking point counts.

·
Registered
12,329 Posts
What's with Cornet? Did she play here or not? Becouse I don't see her OUT but she is injured so i don't know ;/
What you see in Post #1 + spiceboy's updates is the list, not the one on their website
. Players Ranked inside Top 50 can't be accepted on the list on the entry deadline date. Only via WC which Cornet could have asked for but she's injured anyway.

Do we know if Beck applied for a wild card? I'm guessing not, because of some of the other payers who ended up getting wild cards.
Dellacqua, Bellis and Sakkari are not Top 50 so only Top 50 players (at the entry dealdine) who applied for a WC and sticked to it and were eligible (from IW) here are obviously Gavrilova, Begu and Pereira and they got them

·
Registered
10,129 Posts
What you see in Post #1 + spiceboy's updates is the list, not the one on their website
. Players Ranked inside Top 50 can't be accepted on the list on the entry deadline date. Only via WC which Cornet could have asked for but she's injured anyway.

Dellacqua, Bellis and Sakkari are not Top 50 so only Top 50 players who applied for a WC here are obviously Gavrilova, Begu and Pereira and they got them
Yes, that's exactly how I saw it. :)

This is a very strong field for a 125K, with the 8th seed being 60th in the official rankings. Better than a lot of Internationals :eek:

·
Registered
687 Posts
Poor Dani has got flu, so had to pull out. It's a pity as she most definitely would have started huge winning streak... Or maybe not. She's finished at top level.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Till now, they put an article on wtatennis.com with the stream(s) for each 125k, but nothing till now it seems, and it's about to start in 3 hours :shrug: ....
I checked it also on different sites. On drakula for example there is no strem for today. That'd be too bad, Carlsbad was streamed, so were other 125k events from the last year.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
77,643 Posts
Doubles Draw

(1)Dellacqua/Jurak v (wc)Weinhold/Whoriskey
(3)Jans-Ignacik/Rodionova v Broady/Rosolska
Golubic/Han v (4)Groenefeld/Melichar
Olaru/Rodina v (2)Chuang/Liang

·
Registered
12,329 Posts
So combined doubles Top 50 can play after all. Though that rule can lead you to think they may not, without a WC . :shrug:

Also, for Top 10 players, and this is more than black on white "Top 10 Players and players ranked 1-10 at the Main Draw entry deadline cannot enter, accept a Wild Card or compete in singles or doubles in a WTA 125K; "

It doesn't say Top 10 Singles players ...but oh well, it's WTA ...\_(ツ)_/¯

61 - 74 of 74 Posts