Cheapchandej v (7)Kudermetova

(3)Stollar v (wc)Plobrung Plipuech
(wc)Ng Kwan Yau v (5)Kamenskaya

(4)Jakupovic v Lertpitaksinchai
Olmos v (8)Kuwata

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Zhang Ling will probably get a MD WC given that Ng Kwan Yau is WC in QD.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Wow, Snow White is a big catch! and Hua Hin is just gorgeous - it'd be a nice tournament to hang around.
BFCD needs a few points to cement that AO MD place!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
77,086 Posts
MD

(1/wc)Wang Qiang v Lykina
Bencic v Q
Diatchenko v Frech
Khromacheva v (7)Doi

(3)Duan v Q
(wc)Wongteanchai v Gao
Q v Paolini
(wc)Jandakate v (6)A. Bogdan

(8)Broady v Soylu
Haas v (wc)Peangtarn Plipuech
Bouzkova v Rus
Wang Yafan v (4)Hsieh

(5)Wickmayer v Zvonareva
Kumkhum v Q
(wc)Wisitwarapron v Golubic
Sharipova v (2)Rodina

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Jandakate and Wisitwarapron are bizarre WC choices. I'd been expecting either Cheapchandej, who's really improved in the ITFs this year, or Thamchaiwat, who's had promising results for a teenager, or the best juniors like Naklo or Sawangkaew.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
77,086 Posts
Doubles Draw

(1)Kudermetova/Soylu v (wc)Jandakate/Momkonthood
Doi/Golubic v Bektas/Santamaria
(4)Krawczyk/Olmos v Frech/Heisen
Duan/Y. Wang v Rus/Wacanno

Christian/Sharipova v Kuwata/Lykina
Wongteanchai/Wongteanchai v (3)Jakupovic/Khromacheva
Kumkhum/Luangnam v Lertpitaksinchai/Plipuech
Stollar/Thombare v (2)Adamczak/Broady

·
Premium Member
62,296 Posts
Doi/Golubic :cheer:
No doubles for Belinda :sad:

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Jandakate and Wisitwarapron are bizarre WC choices. I'd been expecting either Cheapchandej, who's really improved in the ITFs this year, or Thamchaiwat, who's had promising results for a teenager, or the best juniors like Naklo or Sawangkaew.
I do not understand this decision either.

I cannot comment on Cheapchandej, but I watched Wisitwarapron last night.... and, oh gosh, what were the tournament organisers thinking?!

I know she is only 17 years old, but this girl seriously needs to re-consider whether professional tennis is the right option for her.
Terrible, pedestrian, slow... poor technique on forehand and backhand, and a serve that was so amateur it almost looked they pulled a girl out from the crowd to play against Golubic.
Wisitwarapron could not even position herself to take the ball out in front... a basic skill mastered by juniors - so she could not comfortably time the ball that was coming to her.

I have seen a lot of low level players with nearly zero tour experience cop a drubbing, but nothing quite this bad.

What a disappointment, Thai tennis can surely produce a better player better than that.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I do not understand this decision either.

I cannot comment on Cheapchandej, but I watched Wisitwarapron last night.... and, oh gosh, what were the tournament organisers thinking?!

I know she is only 17 years old, but this girl seriously needs to re-consider whether professional tennis is the right option for her.
Terrible, pedestrian, slow... poor technique on forehand and backhand, and a serve that was so amateur it almost looked they pulled a girl out from the crowd to play against Golubic.
Wisitwarapron could not even position herself to take the ball out in front... a basic skill mastered by juniors - so she could not comfortably time the ball that was coming to her.

I have seen a lot of low level players with nearly zero tour experience cop a drubbing, but nothing quite this bad.

What a disappointment, Thai tennis can surely produce a better player better than that.
Really disappointing - I was hoping for some surprise new young talents.
And Cheapchandej can definitely feel hard done by.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts