Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
29 today, how time flies, nearly 10 years ago she made her first Grand slam final at the US open, then the famous withdrawel match v Anne Kremer the following month in Luxembourg. Seems like yesterday. Not sure what her legacy is, don't see any up and coming Danes in men or women's tennis (actually hear Tausen is one to watch?), maybe needs more time, but happy birthday anyway.

·
always getting what i want
17,713 Posts
29 today, how time flies, nearly 10 years ago she made her first Grand slam final at the US open, then the famous withdrawel match v Anne Kremer the following month in Luxembourg. Seems like yesterday. Not sure what her legacy is, don't see any up and coming Danes in men or women's tennis (actually hear Tausen is one to watch?), maybe needs more time, but happy birthday anyway.
Idc about her birthday but Tauson is #1 girls and Rune is #2 boys.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't take interest in junior tennis so wouldn't have know that but how many boys and girls slam winners/numer 1's have really gone on to be great players? some have but many have vanished without trace.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Denmark will literally hold the no. 1 ranking for both boys and girls next week :lol:
I mean... it's literally not true, yet.. It's highly,highly possible of course...
But...
If Martin Damm wins Wimby, he is Junior Boys #1
If Emma Navarro wins Wimby, she is Junior Girls #1
They are both in the SF tomorrow :grin2:

·
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
179,367 Posts
I mean... it's literally not true, yet.. It's highly,highly possible of course...
But...
If Martin Damm wins Wimby, he is Junior Boys #1
If Emma Navarro wins Wimby, she is Junior Girls #1
They are both in the SF tomorrow :grin2:
Also that boy Damm play vs. tomorrow, can be nummer 1 if he wins the Title, says some danes...

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
More up and coming than the junior #1 players in BOTH men and women? Danish tennis has its greater prospects in history since traditionaly Denmark never produced tennis players.This doesnt mean that they will make it (ex. Christian Pless) but still. Don't know though how relatable the Danes are with Caroline that is clearly a Polish girl playing for Denmark.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts