Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
SharaFamily
21,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A grand slam, YEC, 5 tier I titles, 21 other titles, year end no.1 2010 and 2011 and world no.1 again in 2018. She definitely deserves HoF if people like Roddick can get in
Of coures she will be in but the point is where do you put her, ahead or below Kvitova, Kerber, Azarenka, Li Na..

·
Registered
894 Posts
Her career is not over yet and I think she will challenge multiple slams.

That said, in terms of ACHIEVEMENTS, she'll be placed ahead of all the other one-slam wonders (Men and Women) and on par with some two-slam legends like Li. Below Azarenka and Kvitova at this point.

·
Registered
14,669 Posts
Na Li's career would have so much better if the Chinese Federation didn't screw her over.

Anyway Caro has 28 titles I think...Angie only has 11. She has more Tier 1 events and YEC won, Angie has none. But Angie has more slams. Definitely debatable

·
Registered
566 Posts
She's definitely above the likes of Ivanovic, Fran, Nastya, Sloane .... (i am not including Ostapenko because she's very young and I think Aljona won't be one slam wonder). I think she's below Kerber/Azarenka now Li was never number one but she has slams at two different surfaces so I wouldn't put her below Woz. I can't decide about Kvitty who was never number one either (she does have 2 GS+ 6PM/P5 wins + YEC) so I am putting her above Woz mostly due to personal preference.

·
Registered
32,105 Posts
She's ahead of everyone that only won one and may be better than Muguruza, Li and Kuznetsova.
Caroline has that YEC title, has been the world number one for 67 weeks and has more Premier titles than those three.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Despite Angie having more slams, I think Wozniacki's career is more complete.

However, I would still rate Kvitova/Azarenka above Caro.
Azarenka absolutely, but Kvitova I'm not sure. She never had the #1 ranking and was always up and down. With Angie it depends on the criteria. If it's all about slams it's Angie. But Woz has more titles (YEC included). Angie has a silver medal though. Close one.

·
SharaFamily
21,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She's definitely above the likes of Ivanovic, Fran, Nastya, Sloane .... (i am not including Ostapenko because she's very young and I think Aljona won't be one slam wonder). I think she's below Kerber/Azarenka now Li was never number one but she has slams at two different surfaces so I wouldn't put her below Woz. I can't decide about Kvitty who was never number one either (she does have 2 GS+ 6PM/P5 wins + YEC) so I am putting her above Woz mostly due to personal preference.
Agree with every words you said but for me I put Kvi above because of her amazing game :kiss:

·
Registered
14,669 Posts
Azarenka absolutely, but Kvitova I'm not sure. She never had the #1 ranking and was always up and down. With Angie it depends on the criteria. If it's all about slams it's Angie. But Woz has more titles (YEC included). Angie has a silver medal though. Close one.
Kvitova has everything that Wozniacki has. Except for Kuala Lumpur of course

·
Registered
10,114 Posts
Yeah. This 100%.

Reactions: Mariposa93

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
No longer slamless. Where do you put her in the Hall of the fame list
Carolines tennis is mostly boring and gives me no inspiration, but she works hard and successfuly replaces talent with hard work, which is OK for me.

Her titles collection incl. YEC and Slam is brilliant as well, tough comparing her with Petra who has 2 slams, 1 YEC, 6 Tier 1 titles, 8 P470 titles, 5 Fed Cups and Olymics bronze is totally impossible, Caroline is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind her.

·
SharaFamily
21,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Carolines tennis is mostly boring and gives me no inspiration, but she works hard and successfuly replaces talent with hard work, which is OK for me.

Her titles collection incl. YEC and Slam is brilliant as well, tough comparing her with Petra who has 2 slams, 1 YEC, 6 Tier 1 titles, 8 P470 titles, 5 Fed Cups and Olymics bronze is totally impossible, Caroline is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind her.
Petra won GS mostly because of her game, not the luck draw. So Petra is alway better for me

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I think the poster above put it perfectly. Li Na is still better because of the adversity she needed to get through in a country where sport was never a big deal, but massively pressured her when she did get to the top. Not to mention the Chinese Tennis Federation. :eek:

Caroline is miles ahead of the other first-time champions though.

·
Registered
649 Posts
No longer slamless. Where do you put her in the Hall of the fame list
Ahead of all recent 1-slam holders Ostapenko, Schiavone, Stephens, Myskina, Ivanovic, Pennetta, Bartoli, Stosur.
Then I say
Azarenka > Kvitova > Wozniacki/Kuznetsova > Kerber >> Li > Muguruza.
And would call it very accurate list. Azarenka and Kvitova both won more slams and many big tour titles. Kerber is very good at premiers470, but no big wta tour title. Can't make my mind about Kuzzy. It's close between 3 of them.
The other 2 are behind for sure. Li had little success outside of slams - just few tittles with one or two above international, and Muguruza is even worse, outside of her 2 slams just 3 titles, I know she has 2 big - Cincy and Bijing, but she really has terrible record there withdrawing and not giving a f....

1 - 20 of 73 Posts