Tennis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
27,238 Posts
both were playing out of their mind

we need more matches like that right now...the hardcourt season usually brings epics....and so far maybe Jen vs Kim was the only decent televised match ive seen

·
Registered
613 Posts
And the best point of that match was match point, when Serena breaks Lindsay and wins. Lindsay fires up a bomb serve that Serena can barely manage to return, Lindsay hits a forehand down the middle court totally wrong footing Serena but again she manages to send it back, and finally Lindsay sends the ball to the corner, and Serena fires an fires a desperate cross court winner to win the match.

And then the famous scream: YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS !!!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Sweets_SJW said:

we need more matches like that right now...the hardcourt season usually brings epics....and so far maybe Jen vs Kim was the only decent televised match ive seen
Wta needs some :help: badly

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
Mad-About-Venus said:
And the best point of that match was match point, when Serena breaks Lindsay and wins. Lindsay fires up a bomb serve that Serena can barely manage to return, Lindsay hits a forehand down the middle court totally wrong footing Serena but again she manages to send it back, and finally Lindsay sends the ball to the corner, and Serena fires an fires a desperate cross court winner to win the match.

And then the famous scream: YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS !!!
THAT was the match which prepared Serena for being no.1! She ended the qrtrs-only streak against the player who started it! Great, great match!

·
Registered
689 Posts
One of my faves matches of all time- lindsay coming back back from match point down in the 2nd set to force a 3rd! great quality- how i cheered serena in that match made me loose my voice!!

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Sweets_SJW said:

I thought the match was boring, but yeah they were destroying the ball. If you watch that match you see Lindsay doesn't even seem that slow, compared to now. And I agree match point was the best point of the match.

In response to Sweets_SJW I thought Kim vs. Justine was a pretty darn entertaining match, better than kim vs. Jen...but maybe that's because Kim lost. :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.