Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read Venus was 4 points away from a golden set. When sha played Anna :eek: :bounce:

So I thought of a question what has been the least number of points lost in a set. I know the great Graff had a golen set once but who eles has

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
2,950 Posts
Zurich 2004 finals....
Justine def. Jelena

Jelena only scored 4 pts in the first set.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,888 Posts
Well, Smashova lost a set 0/6 to Jamea Jackson in Stanford which shows she is not playing well on Hard. Still a great achievement by Vee :yeah:

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Anna has played like crap this tourney. She was extremely lucky to get by Jamea.

Still, cool to only lose four points in a set. :cool:

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
cool bird said:
I just read Venus was 4 points away from a golden set. When sha played Anna :eek: :bounce:

So I thought of a question what has been the least number of points lost in a set. I know the great Graff had a golen set once but who eles has
No, Graf never won a golden set. She won the first five games of her match against Zina Garrison without dropping a point, but then Garrison managed to salvage some self-respect by holding on to win the next game before Graf took the set 6-1.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Bovina only lost one point in the second set of her 6-1 6-0 win over Anastassia Rodionova at Quebec City 2002 in the semis.

·
Registered
11,084 Posts
bmxbandit said:
Zurich 2004 finals....
Justine def. Jelena

Jelena only scored 4 pts in the first set.
Justine def. Conchita in Filderstadt (last year's idoors) lost only 4 points in 1st set

1 - 9 of 9 Posts