·
Registered
17,738 Posts
Go Julia!

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A smart tactic against a nervous and very, very fragile Daniela. It is truly sad to see she is so broken up all of the time...

I've never seen that before, so I thought it was interesting. Didn't the awesome ASV put together a drop shot behind the baseline on one match point?

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
LindsayRulez said:
Daniela was almost in tears when she lost that point, and then that game. That is so sad. I wouldn't be surprised if she loses the match.
I was thinking the same thing.
If she loses this second set I think she'll lose the match.

It really is so sad to see her
like this. :sad:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
brunof said:
To follow suit of men's matches, USA network has to go to the Rodger match, even when drama is unfolding... :rolleyes:
Just like ESPN,
if they can interest you in the men's
game, then they'll just try and shove the
crap down your throught! :fiery:

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
brunof said:
Jennifer is WONDER WOMAN, BTW. GO JENN! :worship:
hmm?

Anyways, what's with Daniela?! She loses the point on Matchpoint and is almost in tears!

·
Registered
773 Posts
I saw Julia play WTA this summer. She can play a lot better than what you saw. She took Anastasia Myskina 5-1. Then, in a weird tie-break, the home team needed one more game to seal the evenings win so Julia and Anastasia went out to play again until Anastasia won one game (no advantage points, just first with four points) or Julia wons 13 (or 11?) games which would give Julia's team the win for the evening. Pretty soon, it looked like Julia would do it. It took about seven games for Anastasia to win one. The girl can play, at least in front of a little (tiny) crowd. She essentially took Anastasia 6-1, 6-1.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, it seems like there are quite a few Ukranians coming up in the ranks...

Daniela is having trouble with those moonballs. It looks like my shots from the baseline. She doesn't seem to be driving them back at all...For example, she just hit one mid net. Match point again!

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
OMG shes not crying again :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Really a shame that Vakulenk let herself get bageled in the first set...she is much more talented than that! She has given a few people a hard time this year...

Dissapointing effort today...but looks like she got her head together in the 2nd but...it might be too late!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.