Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
29,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this the future of womens' Tennis? :tape: :help: :sobbing:

Im sorry, i dont mind either but seriously both their games. :tape: Ok, they both have nice backhands and are fairly good at the net and have good variety but seriously. :tape: Some of the decisions make them seem just as brainless as the BBBBs of the tour, and there's just nothing special about their games. Nothing. If these two are meant to be the next best things in the WTA since sliced bread then wow. I mean its not a bad match, but there's just nothing there.... I know that people have hammered this home about Caro but wow, im still in shock. I just couldnt watch anymore..

·
it's just me against the music.
27,316 Posts
Is this the future of womens' Tennis? :tape: :help: :sobbing:

Im sorry, i dont mind either but seriously both their games. :tape: Ok, they both have nice backhands and are fairly good at the net and have good variety but seriously. :tape: Some of the decisions make them seem just as brainless as the BBBBs of the tour, and there's just nothing special about their games. Nothing. If these two are meant to be the next best things in the WTA since sliced bread then wow. I mean its not a bad match, but there's just nothing there.... I know that people have hammered this home about Caro but wow, im still in shock. I just couldnt watch anymore..
I believe that these women are not the future of tennis but just the next step in evolution of women's tennis. It is the girls behind them that will be the real holders of tennis.

·
Registered
47,718 Posts
Radwanska jerks her body more than Kleybanova does when she hits groundstrokes. Neither of them are the future of tennis - no way either of them ever grabs a big title in their career.

·
Registered
7,745 Posts
Pavlyunchekova will outperform them:hearts:. Seriously I agree a bit with the opener, and Pavlyuchenkova looks to have more talent and power that these two.

·
Registered
38,859 Posts
1. You love being a pessimist :rolleyes:

2. Their games will develop and change!

3. Yes, they will be in the deep end of bigger titles like it or not.

4. I am fine with it, they are mentally sound. They can keep the ball in court for more than 3 strokes.

·
Registered
47,718 Posts
Then who is?
Williams sisters, Sharapova, Safina, Azarenka, and Pavlyuchenkova for the next several years. It's not just going to be Radwanska and Wozniacki dominating when the Williams sisters retire. There are still plenty of players that are already better than them or have the potential to be better than them.

·
Banned
1,535 Posts
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:so true, I appreciate Caro but come on, she lacks power, it's annoying, where are the winners:rolleyes:
Pavlyuenchova is the future of tennis, good hitting from both sides, especially with her BH:drool:

·
Registered
7,745 Posts
Its true she flew up the ranks once she had transitioned but I always thought she could have started a bit sooner.
If I'm not mistaken they can only play a few WTA events before turning 18?

I read she won 5 ITF events in 2008 and that's why her ranking got pretty high.

·
Registered
35,852 Posts
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:so true, I appreciate Caro but come on, she lacks power, it's annoying, where are the winners:rolleyes:
Pavlyuenchova is the future of tennis, good hitting from both sides, especially with her BH:drool:
The thing is that Caro doesn't lack power. She hit a couple of 110 mph serves to end the match. She's capable of stepping up and hitting winners, but for whatever reason seems to moonball and stand well behind the baseline under pressure. She HAS to get rid of this habit if she's going to seriously contend for major titles and slams.

·
Registered
39,557 Posts
I was really disappointed with that match as well!

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
yes , hit as hard as you can , lovely future of tennis :hearts:

:rocker2:

·
Banned
1,535 Posts
yes , hit as hard as you can , lovely future of tennis :hearts:

:rocker2:
I said "good hitting", not hard hitting everywhere like Ivanovic:rolleyes: and Pavlyu has a good touch too.

·
Registered
8,682 Posts
oh c'mon, Ula had plenty of winners, if only she can cut down on these UEs, she will improve adorably!

1 - 20 of 79 Posts