Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks.. what would you do? First of all I am leavinig for Chicago for 3 days and would like to finally go to the top of the Sears Tower.. but with the high security alert and all I am a bit skeptical. What do you think you would do given the situation?

Please I would love some responses to this. :)

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Go, Dawn. You will be very, very safe.

1. These guys can't get in the country
2. These guys can't get on a plane
3. These guys can't hijack a plane without dealing with an armed air marshal
4. These guys can't fly a hijacked plane near aqny major target without being shot down by a fighter jet.

As for bombs smuggled in and the like, I am sure going into the building you will see security measures that make you very comfortable.

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Yeah,its safe.But I would just be scared because Im afraid of heights...:eek: Have fun Dawn!:kiss:

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I should do it.. but well I am scared of heights..lmao

But more afraid of terrorist.. I just don't kow yet. But your replys made me feel better.:)

Disposable were you being sarcastic.. Your funny..:):D

·
stubborn procrastinator
109,912 Posts
Yes, I would definitely go if I am in Chicago and I have time.

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
185,820 Posts
Dawm Maree- It takes a brave person to conquer thier fears and do the right thing! Are you ready to be that brave? I think you are! If you make it up, and look out, you will find that there is one less fear you have controlling your life!

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
I was being serious Dawn. These guys can't do any of these things anymore. Your country is taking this stuff seriously.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
The first thing, as bcp said, is not to surrender to terrorism. Otherwise it can only get worse and worse, until life becomes truly impossible.

When we had bombings in the underground in Paris, people kept taking it and going normally to their office, errands, theatre,... That was the only sensible thing to do. Of course some lost their lives by doing that and nothing can heal the grief of their close ones. But would they have preferred to give up normal life, hope, the taste of good and right things on this earth? Most of them would not.

If you had no intent to go up the tower, then you should not go just to challenge terrorists (well, that's my opinion, but I do understand why others could disagree). But if you felt like going before, then you should. First, because it is a way to choose life against fear. Second, because it is probably less dangerous to go up there than to cross the street.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok well I am off and I really appreciate your replys .. thank you:)

Disposable I at first thought you were serious but then I thought maybe your were being sarcastic.. lol sorry:) Your words are a comfort.

marshmellow, barrie and ballschange,gmt. kullii thanks alot.:)

I do want to go but I am bit scared.. I will have to see when that time comes what I will do, and you guys helped alot.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you beige.. I am a little chicken, but I know in the end my butt will do it.:) just call me chickenbutt I guess:)

I am bored my sister is an hour and a half late.. sheesh!! lol

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
You can do it, Dawn! I think! And then when you come to New York City, you can go the the top of the Empire State Building! I went to the top of the Empire State Building many years ago. I got a little nervous and dizzy going up. I was glad when it was over. But I hope you have a wonderful experience, Dawn. Are you going to wear high heels, so you can get an even better look?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Dawn, if you want to go, go. If you don't really care, don't. The Sears tower isn't exactly a life-changing experience. Ronnie took me to NYC in October/November, and we went to the top of the Empire State Building. I hate heights and therefore did not have fun, but don't worry about terrorists. There was SOOO much security. One tip, though, we wondered into the lobby right before it opened. There was tight security, but we got right up. Forty-five minutes later, we left and the line to get up there was like a mile long. There will be security, get there early unless you like to wait in line!

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Well Dawn, today is the 19th. Did you do it?

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I did IT!! I went up to the top which they call the sky cam.:) The elevator ride is not bad.. it only takes 90 seconds. I was more anxious when we actually opened up the elevator and looked down and around at Chicago. I felt like I was about to pass out.. I mean we were high in the sky. I felt vulnerable because of how how I was. Although I have been up in the Empire State Building I was younger then..and this was imho a and scarier view. The View was beautiful and breathtaking.

Celeste the Sears Tower ws exceptionally very professional and handled the lines quick. We only waited about 5 minutes both ways. I also filled out a survey and got a free half dollar.:)

Fingon I will e-mail you a pic..:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts