Votes: 25 71.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 5.7%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Smiling Assassin, Administrator
4,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading this news about the first cloned cat and just wondering if you guys are for it. I dont think i would. I miss my first dog though :sad:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I answered yes because I know people that would. I do not have any pets, so I dont know if I would if I had one.

·
Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
5,336 Posts
Definitely not, why should you do that? I miss our dog too, he died a few years ago, but cloning? No!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,676 Posts
it wouldn't make sense to clone it because u would have purely the "looks" of ur pet not the personality and it wouldn't be the same.. hell if u wanted to perserve the looks then maybe get a painting of it or a sculpture but not cloning it..

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I don't have a pet, so I didn't vote. I do want to say that it's an interesting poll. I often wonder about cloning. Do clones have personalities or emotional feelings? If not, it would be pointless to clone anything if it just exists.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,676 Posts
ok cloning something is taking the same cells and making a "copy" of a person/animal.. so yes the looks will be exactly the same but the personality and the emotions won't be "copied" as well.. so ur purely cloning the looks..

·
double-dog daredevil
12,044 Posts
No, because we are more than the sum of our genetic parts - you wouldn't be cloning what made the animal special to you.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Nice topic.

I wouldn't clone it. And if I could resurrect it, I wouldn't. Life and death are a natural cycle and so are the emotions that follow. As hard as death is, we must learn to let go and deal with it. I'd just get another pet and learn to love it.

·
Miss Verstand
16,531 Posts
Clones are totally different from the original animal, they're not a replica. They dont share the same emotions or personality, sometimes they differ physically as well. No way i'd clone my pet.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
no I am against cloning, it crosses a line wich can`t be right!

·
Momomental
8,576 Posts
NO - agrees with Marti_Fan, griff, bright red, angelica, and irma and all the other no's!!

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Yeah sure!!!!!!!!!!

Now, that would be curious and funny ;) :angel:

·
Registered
310 Posts
I was listening to a radio program about this. Apparently it is felt that the major commercial success of cloning pets will be to provide "spare parts" for organ transplants. Thus people wouldn't have cloning done to replicate their pet, but to keep their pet alive.

I cringe at the idea of a clone of my pet being kept in laboratory as a source as "spare parts". Unfortunately I'm sure some people WILL pay for it to be done ... :(

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
I say definitely NO!

Denise: I haven't heard about that, but I did hear there would a big enough market already to pet owners who wants to replace their old or dead pets. So maybe it's for both. Either way it's pretty sick... it's all about money! :sad:

I'm against cloning of pigs for "spare parts" for humans too. The worse thing about that is: 1. it's inhumane of the pigs 2. it's dangerous of the humans who take up the pig organs (I mean what if something goes wrong years after?) We don't understand all the diseases that could be lying dormant. IMO that would be like cheating death for later (possible) suffering which could be worse. Anyhow..

The scary thing about all these clonings is that it's only going to be a matter of time before humans are cloned too. Better control it now or never...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts