Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wondered what everyone eles thought about it. For me it was the best Grandslam final I have seen for a good few years. I may even class it as the best. Venus and Davenport really made the final, It had it all for me the drama was maddness. So a classic all the way for me

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
james mack said:
definitely a classic

especially compared to other grandslam finals :tape:
lol, yeah really.

And yeah, it is a classic...I am proud to have it on tape! :)

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
definitely a classic

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
yes. a lot at stake for both players, two great players with a history and close rivalry, great play, some truly memorable points, and a very tight scoreline. :yeah:

·
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.
21,902 Posts
It was one of the best matches ever. Breathtaking play, a fantastic fightback, all the drama you could possibly ask for, a terrific crowd (that I was part of :proud::boasts: ) and two great champions slugging it out for the biggest title in tennis. The WTA hadn't/hasn't seen a final of such QUALITY and drama in a long, long time.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
It was heartbreaking and soul destroying.

Reactions: AsGoodAsNew

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
Definately a classic in my book! No need to mention how elated I am with the end results but this is the type of match that is long remembered if you witnessed it. I hope these veterans can give us a repeat performance soon, with the same result of course! :D

·
Banned
745 Posts
Grand Slam said:
It was heartbreaking and soul destroying.
Yes it was. But it was also uplifting and proof that anyone can overcome the naysayers. The trouble with tennis is that someone's glory is another's pain.

As for the question - a real classic. Up there with the 1995 Graf/Sanchez Vicario final.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hell yes it was. Both players fought their hearts out but there can only be one winner unfortunately. But I was happy it was Venus. She proved all the haters wrong. Lindsay played a great match as well,I'm getting a feeling Lindsay will be holding up the Wimbledon trophy this year. Defiantely a classic!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
definitely, there wasn't a dull moment, and my heart barely survived it.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
absolutely. i STILL can't believe that return from venus on davenport's match point. the shots both were making were insanely rare and this is absolutely one of the best matches EVER played at Wimbledon.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
awesome final!!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
For me to say YES even though Lindsay lost definitely makes it a classic. This is my favorite and least favorite match possibly of all time, for oh so many reasons.

·
A Young Troubadour.
16,344 Posts
im just glad both venus and lindsay fans can agree on this :worship: one of the best matches ive ever seen! :bowdown:

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
It was a terrific match - definitely a 'classic'. The match had incredible rallies from the first set, up until the last ball that was striked. What makes the match a true classic was the hug between rivals at the net and the beautiful words spoken about either of them from each other after the match.

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
Yeah, not only was the match brilliant from both ladies...it was well fought and there honestly was no loser that day...just a winner.

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
it was drama filled, but other than it being so long and Venus' great comebacks, I wouldn't say it was "classic"

1 - 20 of 47 Posts