Tennis Forum banner

Worst trophy ever?

2K views 43 replies 34 participants last post by  silver 
#1 ·
#4 ·
The figure is a "Quimbaya Poporo", piece of gold work created between the I and X Century (A.C.) by the Quimbaya Culture that lived in the colombian central-west.

The "Poporos" were created by the indians. They took their inspiration from vegetables forms and were made in gold, sacrade metal that meant bright and sun fertility.

The Copa Colsanitas - Sanex WTA Tour trophy is a reply of this archeological piece, one of the most representative pieces that are in the Gold Museum, in Santafé de Bogotá, Colombia.

#11 ·
The worst trophy ever, I don't even think you can call it a trophy was that runner-up trophy of Kournikova when she played the final in Shanghai

#25 ·
gabrielle said:
The figure is a "Quimbaya Poporo", piece of gold work created between the I and X Century (A.C.) by the Quimbaya Culture that lived in the colombian central-west.

The "Poporos" were created by the indians. They took their inspiration from vegetables forms and were made in gold, sacrade metal that meant bright and sun fertility.

The Copa Colsanitas - Sanex WTA Tour trophy is a reply of this archeological piece, one of the most representative pieces that are in the Gold Museum, in Santafé de Bogotá, Colombia.
Thanks Gabrielle, I didn't know about it:wavey:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.