76,314 Posts
Backhand open stance - Always flies long
Moonball - Can't get any depth or spin on mines :tape:
Drop shot - I just have no feel :tape:

·
Registered
21,807 Posts
Volleys, I basically miss 90% of them. :unsure:

2nd serve is ridiculously attackable. :facepalm: 1st serve isn't great at all either. :tears:

Also, some trouble with forehand crosscourt (I like to hit DTL with it)

·
Registered
72,290 Posts
Backhand open stance - Always flies long
Moonball - Can't get any depth or spin on mines :tape:
Drop shot - I just have no feel :tape:
how could I forget moonballs? :sobbing: I am so terrible at them and I can't deal with them coming unless hitting another one back, which is a failure anyway :sobbing:

·
Registered
18,871 Posts
Second serve. Too poor. Because of my second serve, I serve often my first serve as second xD
My voleys and smash from the baseline. (I like to use In-side-out forehand, but I didn't play 3 months and I have all worst shots now :sobbing:)

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Definitely my backhand, I have recently switched from one handed to two handed and wow it is way easier to hit the ball more accurately and strongly with the two handed.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
high backhand volleys and second serves. Both are liable to end up anywhere. The backhand down the line can be rough at times as well.

·
Administrator
39,848 Posts
I'm a right-handed player.

One-handed backhand is awful.

One-handed backhand slice is average.

Two-handed backhand is Top 3 in our Club.

...clearly I need to make sure I never hurt my left arm or I am screwed.

·
Registered
37,476 Posts
Why would you hit a one-handed backhand if it sucks and your two handed is great? :lol:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
definitely volleys. i miss the easiest of volleys 80% of the time.
second serve deserts me sometimes (i hit the frame), no feel on drop shots unless its on clay.

All of this. My slice. It's so bad. It's so, so bad. I did a group lesson once where we did nothing but hit slice forehands the whole time and I ended up looking like an idiot.
i did a group lesson on backhands slices 2 or 3 years ago, everyone else could get the ball over the net, i couldn't :sobbing: :hysteric: fortunately i can do bh slices now.

·
Registered
17,700 Posts
I literally have all of the touch shots, just none of the power ones. Hence why my serves, forehand, and volleys aren't the best (all consistent and I can execute very tough slices and drop shots with volleys and the forehand, just not much power)

·
Dubai Love
52,261 Posts
Second serve is probably the worst. Drop shots are very on or off. Sometimes good, sometimes barely reach net or are lobs:lol: Lobs are the same; sometimes very good or really bad.

·
Trainwreck
58,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I forgot to add I'm bad when stretched out wide on the backhand side (I don't have the best reach on that side) so in that instance I hit a right-handed forehand instead of a backhand (like Sharapova except reverse :eek:h:). Surprisingly an OK shot I think :lol:.

·
x
34,457 Posts
My serve :eek:h:

I think my ball toss is worst than Ana. But I think it's more of the fact that I'm short and I don't jump :tape:

If I hold my racquet "mid" I tend to serve OK, but if I grip at the end my serves ALWAYS hits the tape.

·
Registered
13,389 Posts
My serve :eek:h:

I think my ball toss is worst than Ana. But I think it's more of the fact that I don't know how to serve :tape:

If play a lot I tend to serve OK, but if I don't my serves ALWAYS hits the tape, go long or fly out the fence.

21 - 40 of 104 Posts