Tennis Forum banner
201 - 212 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
20,589 Posts
I’m surprised 2010 is mentioned as much as it is. We had Serena v Henin final AO, Serena winning Wimbledon, and Clijsters winning USO - all established champions and less messy random winners. Not to mention Kim also winning the YEC and Miami, the biggest 2 tournaments outside of the slams. Wozniacki and Vera ended the year as 1 & 2 which wasn’t great at the time, but at least they were consistent and even played each other a few times.

What was so wrong with 2010?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
You still fail to explain how Serena reached 4 Fs and 2 SFs after coming back from pregnancy. Doesn't matter that she's the greatest, she was playing nowhere close to that level. Don't have to be GOAT level to move through these Slam draws on the regular.
Then what’s your explanation as to why no one in a 5 year time span has stepped up to own the slams year in and year out? If you don’t need to be that good or have a consistent goat like mentality then why hasn’t it been done?

Why isn’t anyone “moving through these slam draws on the regular”?

It’s very clear what you are trying to do but it’s not working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Then what’s your explanation as to why no one in a 5 year time span has stepped up to own the slams year in and year out? If you don’t need to be that good or have a consistent goat like mentality then why hasn’t it been done?

Why isn’t anyone “moving through these slam draws on the regular”?

It’s very clear what you are trying to do but it’s not working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What I'm trying to do? Yes! It's the start of my massive conspiracy against the universe!

·
She's coming for your faves wigs
19,641 Posts
I’m surprised 2010 is mentioned as much as it is. We had Serena v Henin final AO, Serena winning Wimbledon, and Clijsters winning USO - all established champions and less messy random winners. Not to mention Kim also winning the YEC and Miami, the biggest 2 tournaments outside of the slams. Wozniacki and Vera ended the year as 1 & 2 which wasn’t great at the time, but at least they were consistent and even played each other a few times.

Yeah im confused too..

·
Registered
716 Posts
Belinda Bencic and Emma Raducanu have withdrawn from next week's Kremlin Cup in Moscow. Dayana Yastremska and Tereza Martincova move into the main draw.

-----

Now officially worst. Just end it already!

·
Registered
8,265 Posts
Belinda Bencic and Emma Raducanu have withdrawn from next week's Kremlin Cup in Moscow. Dayana Yastremska and Tereza Martincova move into the main draw.

-----

Now officially worst. Just end it already!

nooo its really the worst season of all

·
Registered
5,168 Posts

2010 was the worst of all seasons due to Dementieva retiring so young

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
2010 was definitely dragged at the time because of Wozniacki's number 1 ranking and the Belgians and WS not being consistent enough to be number 1 leading to a feeling of "undeserving" top players. Of course, from a 2021 perspective I'd take 2010 any day of the week. Just look at many of the Tier 1 tournaments many of the top players did in fact actually play each other in them too even random slam winner Schiavone!

2011 is really the season in that era that was far more random and disappointing

·
Registered
15,357 Posts

Wozniacki

201 - 212 of 212 Posts