Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recall a few years ago a rare white stag was spotted in Scotland and there was a bidding war for the right to shoot it. Why is it that some people see a beatiful and rare animal and their reaction is that they want to kill it? Sometimes I despair of humanity.

Kenya’s only female white giraffe and its calf have been killed by poachers, conservationists said Tuesday, in a major blow for the rare animals found nowhere else in the world. The bodies of the two giraffes were found “in a skeletal state after being killed by armed poachers” in Garissa in eastern Kenya, the Ishaqbini Hirola Community Conservancy said in a statement. Their deaths leave just one remaining white giraffe alive – a lone male, borne by the same slaughtered female, the conservancy said.

“We are the only community in the world who are custodians of the white giraffe,” said Mohammed Ahmednoor, the manager of the conservancy. “Its killing is a blow to tremendous steps taken by the community to conserve rare and unique species, and a wake-up call for continued support to conservation efforts.”

The white giraffe stirred huge interest in 2017 when it was first spotted on the conservancy and again when it birthed two calves, the latest in August last year. Their alabaster colour is caused not by albinism but a condition known as leucism, which means they continue to produce dark pigment in their soft tissue, giving them dark eyes. Ahmednoor said their deaths, confirmed by rangers and community members, was a “sad day” and a major loss for researchers and tourism providers working in the remote corner of Kenya.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Yup, humans are like dangerous disease for the Nature. We need to change our behavior, otherwise Nature might start looking for a cure...

#coronavirus

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Sometimes I fantasise about hunting bgg people like these in a similar setting that they enjoy their recreational time. I'd only ever aim for the knee caps and genitals though.

·
Registered
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sometimes I fantasise about hunting bgg people like these in a similar setting that they enjoy their recreational time. I'd only ever aim for the knee caps and genitals though.
Yes, but I think that responding to violence with violence is never a good idea.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Yes, but I think that responding to violence with violence is never a good idea.
Depends on the situation I guess. I like the idea that poachers are shot to kill in some regions on africa. I dont regard human life greater than any other organisms life on this planet. Well maybe viruses, parasites and amoebas ???

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I will never understand the mindset of people who can do this. I find it hard to believe they're the same species as me. Just awful. Poor beautiful animals :cry:
It's a huge prize. The rarer and more endangered the better.

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
There was also that lion killed in Zimbabwe a few years ago. In any case, poachers are sometimes park employers including veterinarians and game guards, whose who are employed to protect the animals. Like crooked cops, they are in cahoots with illicit wild animal traders who offer them bribes twice their annual salaries. Communities surrounding the park also poach because they feel that they need to benefit from the resource, and are also easily recruited by high paying poachers.

Humans need to all just die.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts