Tennis Forum banner

121 - 140 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Happy Ash made that call for her herself team and her family. Really happy to see American posters saying the same thing, never thought I would see that. Happy to be back on board. I think people underrate Ash. She would love to try and defend her title in Paris :) Win a Grand Slam and not show up as defending champion? I have read this all and you are so wrong. That's her ground, she's coming back to defend, because it's respectful to do so, why. Why Ashy ditched the USO, that must have been tough for her ;-)

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Guess when she isn't hitting Primary Schools she is hitting the clay courts in Brisbane. Win 7 matches you have that slam ;-)

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Yes she can demolish Halep on Clay with her skills, Barty is a nightmare for Halep in Paris....my opinion. Good luck with the female version of Fabrice Santoro/Pat Rafter. Thing is she's better ;-) And is proving it. Serena will not match in Paris :-( Love Serena, matches MC on the dirt, THAT is deserved

c

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
Are you stupid?

Let's do the math since you are severely inadequate.

RG: 2000 points
Miami: 1000 points

That equals 3000 points she had to defend to keep number one. That also doesn't factor in the likelihood that Barty would flop and lose early in both. That also doesn't factor in that Kenin could have and probably would have won RG and Miami.

Your comment was strictly about her being able to have the luxury of choosing because she has so many points she was lucky not to defend and rankings were frozen.

You've been here since 2007 and you can't comprehend or rebuttal so you make it about something else.

I know your tactics. 😉😉😉😉 I see your ways.

Also, Ash Barty is just ain't it. No charisma, no personality, no looks...nothing. boring. Says a lot about you.
Ok kid. Let me help you. Being an asshole on here isn’t going to get you far.

There is no likelihood that she would have lost early in any events because she very rarely loses early in them. I give all credit to Kenin for the stride she had built but we won’t forget that Ash truly gave her that SF and that slam. Mugaruza wasn’t gonna beat Ash.

You keep insinuating the likelihood of her failing and losing early but her track record just does not support it. The numbers are there. You’re also assuming that everyone below Ash would have went on to have a phenomenal year and rack up points in order to over take her. You don’t lose a spot just by losing, others have to show good results.

Thirdly, You’re right. Ash is very anti-climatic and she doesn’t provide drama and all that. She’s all business and she’s good at it because she keeps winning, as reflected in her results and ranking.

Just chill, observe, raise your tennis IQ and how you analyze it. This forum can be very helpful for that with all the opinions. Or choose to be a willfully ignorant troll, there are many.

And I guess this does say a lot about me, opposites attract and I’m gorgeous and full of charisma.

Bite me.

P.S. I am a fan of Kenin and Rybakina so don’t try it. They all have a place in the top.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Ok kid. Let me help you. Being an asshole on here isn’t going to get you far.

There is no likelihood that she would have lost early in any events because she very rarely loses early in them. I give all credit to Kenin for the stride she had built but we won’t forget that Ash truly gave her that SF and that slam. Mugaruza wasn’t gonna beat Ash.

You keep insinuating the likelihood of her failing and losing early but her track record just does not support it. The numbers are there. You’re also assuming that everyone below Ash would have went on to have a phenomenal year and rack up points in order to over take her. You don’t lose a spot just by losing, others have to show good results.

Thirdly, You’re right. Ash is very anti-climatic and she doesn’t provide drama and all that. She’s all business and she’s good at it because she keeps winning, as reflected in her results and ranking.

Just chill, observe, raise your tennis IQ and how you analyze it. This forum can be very helpful for that with all the opinions. Or choose to be a willfully ignorant troll, there are many.

And I guess this does say a lot about me, opposites attract and I’m gorgeous and full of charisma.

Bite me.
Sure you are. Just like barty. Lol.

Also, I'm more than adequate in my tennis IQ, thank you very much.

And help me? Hunnay, I helped you and made you reevaluate your mess.

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
Thanks 😍

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
Insta photos often lie, you've heard about photoshop?
Her story videos don’t lie. They are live. As are her live videos. We are past the photo stage of things.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Feel sorry for Barty- this could have been her year to consolidate the World No 1 ranking and start a legacy...but like many people around the world opportunities were taken away. She can focus on her FO defence now...
Players have the choice to go or not, WTA should've left the penalties in place and ya takes ya choice.What we're afraid of hurting some players ego's if their ranking drops, c'mon.The top ten money for being top ten probably is irrelevant compared to earnings now anyway. It's an opportunity to have movement in the rankings that have been staid this yr.They could've made players have reduced teams as a precaution to say older teamembers if they felt they or shouldn't be there. I hope they don't gift the Race as well based on last yr or freeze it. Is that next? This is not directed at a previous post just at what's happening. At the moment we have Kenin then daylight then Garborne and Rybakina- up top in Finals then a handful of one Tourney winners below that :Halep etc.If the first three above hang tough they'll amerge as the ones in control of the Race to YEC regardless of who else shows up or how WTA trys to gift rankings they'll all come crashing down in a heap if they don't play eventually.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I notice you don't mention baseball, where the super-hyped opening has come to a shuddering halt because the Miami Marlins has at least 18 players and staff who have tested positive for Covid-19 in the last few days.

Yeah sure in baseball 20 people's a big deal but with a top 300 in the wings and only 32 in some Tourneys or 64 more players will step in ,up and or get opportunities.Its sposed to be a TOUR not a sheltered workshop.

·
Registered
11,005 Posts
Lame over reaction. New York has Coronavirus under control & the USTA has implemented lots of measures to ensure the safety of its players.

To sign up for Roland Garros at the expense of the US Open makes absolutely no sense. Many Western European countries are seeing cases begin to rise quite rapidly, the French Open is being played with crowds at 60% capacity & the FFT have not implemented half the measures that the USTA has to isolate players.

Pray, tell me, where is the logic in this decision? There isn’t. It’s just based on ignorance and hysteria (largely driven by liberal media with an anti Trump agenda).
I can see point in what you're suggesting but when I got to 'anti-Trump agenda' I started thinking you're cranky.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
I can see point in what you're suggesting but when I got to 'anti-Trump agenda' I started thinking you're cranky.
It’s not cranky. Could anyone possibly deny that the editors at NYT and Washington Post dislike Trump? But that isn’t the point. I don’t much care whether they do or don’t. And I don’t much care who is president of the US. I do care that anti-Trump commentators are pressuring the USTA to cancel tennis events even where the risk to public health is remote. In these cases it has nothing to do with health & safety and everything to do with politics.

It has been sad to see people, even tennis fans and tennis journalists, nigh on celebrate the cancelation of tennis events just because it fits their world views. They celebrated the idiocy of the Adria Tour because it reinforced their narrative that it’s not safe to play tennis. They celebrate it when Ash Barty withdraws from the US Open because it lends credibility to New Zealand’s & Australia’s draconian approach to coronavirus. They celebrate when sports events are cancelled in the U.S. because it reinforces their world-view that the U.S. is unsafe and that Trump‘s leadership has been poor. It has nothing do with the evidence or science.

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
MTF has an interesting post laying down the prize money for Cincinnati @ NYC this year.

The prize money reduction for players who reach the latter rounds decreased drastically while those who loses early get a little bit of increase. I expect WTA prize $ to follow a similar fashion. The 2020 champion earns less than what a 1996 champion would get (Andre Agassi received 320K then).

The US Open prize money may also follow this route where the champions won't get as much purse so this may be another reason top players won't show up in addition to not losing ranking points from 2019. Those tournaments without spectators may all be following this case to reduce the prize $ at the top.

I actually like how the new prize money laid out as you don't have a stretch, but if this is going to become the norm I foresee many top WTA players not showing up to any of these events.

121 - 140 of 164 Posts