Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speaking to reporters in Madrid, Jelena Jankovic calls for the new system of byes at the tournament to be changed.

With the end of the previous week's event in Rome and the start of Madrid overlapping by a day, the four Rome semifinalists are being given byes in Madrid starting this year. Byes are normally awarded to the (top 8) players based on seeding.

"I think it should be a different rule," said Jankovic. "The semifinalists from Rome have byes [but] Serena is No. 2 and I'm No. 3 or 4 -- we don't have byes.

"I think it's very hard on the body because it is very close to each other, the tournament is beginning on Saturday with no eight byes like in the past. But what can we do -- this is how it is at the moment and I hope they change it because I don't think a lot of players agree with this rule."

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
No difference whether Serena or Jelena or whoever made this complaint. Typical defensive crap from a Serena fans that only Serena gets slated.

I actually disagree with Jelena here and I'm her fan. The tournaments are very close and it's fairer that the semi-finalists at the previous tournament should be given byes as opposed to the top seeds.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Jelena's probably right, but in fairness, nobody is forcing her to play as much as she does. :dance:

no. This is what happens when you get 800+ posts bashing Serena every time she opens her mouth. I guarantee this thread wont get Serena- like numbers.
Serena's bashing is completely self inflicted and pretty much deserved :lol:

The difference is, if Serena had made this statement, it would have been, "Why do I even have to bother playing R1 and beating these losers? Just give me a bye please"

Oh but wait, Serena lost her first match in both her last 2 tournaments. :lol:

·
Registered
13,392 Posts
No difference whether Serena or Jelena or whoever made this complaint. Typical defensive crap from a Serena fans that only Serena gets slated
no. This is what happens when you get 800+ posts bashing Serena every time she opens her mouth. I guarantee this thread wont get Serena- like numbers.

·
Premium Member
27,415 Posts
Ohh if it was Serena there would be more than 10 threads, with the bashing continue... now that´s Jelena nobody said nothing so far!!!

But I agree with her, this bye rule is ludicrous... the top seeds must have byes, stupid roadmap!!!!

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
OMG jankovic'S JUST A FAT SORe loseR WHO THINKS SHE's better than Safina!!
And any criticism of Serena would be mild in comparison to this personal abuse. Serena gets it easy compared to others while her fans whine how it's so bad against her.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
GM would crash,Serena & her fans eaten alive, 2million pages on the thread, just for the fact that Serena made the complaint.

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
You would have posted a thread "Serena speaks out against the WTA- "they don't care about No2, No3 and No4"

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
Yeah, but 1.95 million of the post would be Serena fans wringing their hands that anybody was critisizing Serena.

Reactions: schorsch

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Yeah - 799 of the posts by Serena fans whining about how Serena gets bashed. 10 posts taking issue with Serena.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Yeah, but 1.95 million of the post would be Serena fans wringing their hands that anybody was critisizing Serena.
Yeah - 799 of the posts by Serena fans whining about how Serena gets bashed. 10 posts taking issue with Serena.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Foxy

·
Registered
13,392 Posts
lol. I noticed that for a whole bunch of pages in that initial thread there was 1 Serena fan (G1PLAYER) for like 5 people telling us what a despicable arrogant rude person Serena is.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
do you live in a parallel universe where everything is opposite???
Read what you wrote -
"OMG jankovic'S JUST A FAT SORe loseR WHO THINKS SHE's better than Safina!!"
If I said that about Serena - I'd never hear the end of it. You are the hypocrite living in a parallel universe.

·
Registered
15,098 Posts
what does she want??

she say that the more matches she play
the better she gets
and then she talks about playing less matches???

shes gonna be probably top 5 next week anyway
so whats the fuss

·
Registered
15,098 Posts
she lost on Thursday
and is going to play on Monday or Tuesday

·
Registered
13,392 Posts
I don't understand why she's complaining though. Why should she be more entitled to play fewer matches than someone ranked out of the top 8 who made the semis in Rome? This new rule makes more sense than the previous one.

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
There'd be a thread about it. Most likely started by a Serena fan saying "Go babygurl! You tell them!", which is a standard response to all Serena's (hypothetical) statements varying from "I found a cure for cancer" to "I feel like #1" to "I killed a puppy and ate a baby for breakfast". Then some people would complain about Serena being arrogant. Serena's fans would come flocking in to defend her. There'd be some fighting. Most people would soon give up and just laugh about the whole thing. Some die-hard Serena's haters would continue arguing with her fans to the bitter end saying that Justine was more talented and Maria beat Serena at Wimbledon. It would all end up with Serena's fans trading smilies with each other. It would have 250+ posts.

That's about it.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts