Tennis Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2,103 Posts
I think after some time to reflect, Jen is moving forward. Look at this quote from her interview after the loss... Her head is in the right place...

Q. We sometimes ask athletes what it's like to lift the trophy at that moment of triumph. The harder question is what is that feeling of loss after over three hours, there's that finality, it's sweeping over you? Can you describe those feelings you must have?

JENNIFER CAPRIATI: It's pretty hard to put it into words. I mean, it's definitely, you know, after that kind of defeat and then, you know, have to come here and kind of answer these questions... (Smiling).

I mean, that's what it's all about, you know. That's the risk you're taking. I mean, that's what being an athlete is. You could get such joy in winning, but there's the other side of it. You know, a true champion, a true player, that's how they can handle it and come through that kind of defeat.

You know, still almost ‑‑ I mean, I still, like, thrive on this kind of match. You know, I do want to come back and try it again, you know.

· Registered
1,054 Posts
Yeah, Jennifer is devistated - but she will get over it.
1. She has 3 Grand Slams, so she has nothing to prove.
2. She gave a great press conference and even had a sense of humor.
3. I hope this motivates her. She knows that she should have won that match. You take something with you after ever match. Hopefully this will help her to be more aggressive and learn to close them out.

· Registered
3,821 Posts
^ LOL. i hope she duz think that.... tehn like goal_post sed...she'll be determined to kick her ass right into the ground next time.....not just almost into it ;)

Get the paramedics courtside with the drip next time! :devil:

· Premium Member
20,112 Posts
IMO, this was Jen's title to take. Too bad she was too scared to win it.
She really choked the match away, and too me it proved that she is better than Henin-H on hard courts. Henin-H just had the mental edge at the end.

At the men's final she looked like she had just lost her closest family member. You could still see the disappointment on her face. The title was hers to take considering that the Willies were not present. Also the fact was that she had the crowd behind her 100%.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.