Tennis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Banned
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While Serena is out, it looks like the Belgians' domination is about to set its root. They have reached the level where they RARELY lose to a player not named Williams. Ppl used to be whinning about the Williamses' domination and now it's coming to an end and another boring domination is looming ahead. We need more variety and deapth!!!!

· Registered
10,834 Posts
CamilleVidann said:
While Serena is out, it looks like the Belgians' domination is about to set its root. They have reached the level where they RARELY lose to a player not named Williams. Ppl used to be whinning about the Williamses' domination and now it's coming to an end and another boring domination is looming ahead. We need more variety and deapth!!!!
Than can only happen if players like Monica, Amelie, Jen and Lindsay raise their bars, are fit and injure free :sad:

· Registered
5,712 Posts
Amelie is the only one besides Venus and Serena who could challange the Belgians on a regular basis. unfortuantely Amelie's career is full of injuries. Jen and Lindsay have to play really, i mean REALLY well to beat those 2 these days.

· Registered
8,954 Posts
capriati and lindsay are capable of going head to head with the belgians but their confidence is low while the belgians are high on the stuff. imo one tournament win would motivate capriati to get back up there. davenport may be harder. with capriati don't think she has to beat one of the top 4 to get motivated but i think davenport needs to beat one of them and get a title win in the same tournament and for davenport i think it has to be a big tournament.

· Registered
10,834 Posts
sunnysideup said:
Jenny has run out of ideas, she needs a new coach.:sad:
me for example :angel:

I would guide her right back to the top5 and maybe more :)

· Registered
5,712 Posts
About Jen's game: She has the ability to overpower everybody, but when she faces the top players, her game becomes definsive rather than agressive. You could look previos stats of her matcehs against these players.. look at the number of winners that she hit against them, and compared them with her opponents. Interesting

· Registered
745 Posts
rhz said:
About Jen's game: She has the ability to overpower everybody, but when she faces the top players, her game becomes definsive rather than agressive. You could look previos stats of her matcehs against these players.. look at the number of winners that she hit against them, and compared them with her opponents. Interesting
I agree. She looks like an amazon warrior when playing lower ranked players but when it comes to the top 4 she becomes like an amazon slave.:sad:

· Registered
8,954 Posts
rhz said:
i think you're right. i saw jen's match against MGM at wimbledon this year and she was hitting so hard and hitting so many winners but when i saw her against serena she was hitting a lot slower and not going for winners.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.