Tennis Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
10,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
GM making too much big deal over her not making an final yet, I mean Monica Puig, Caroline Garcia, & Garbine Muguruza were all 20 yr when they won their first title. I hoping sloane make an final this yr just too shut GM up

·
Registered
10,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Madison Keys won the final beating Keber 6-3 3-6 7-5 so happy for Maddie. Hopefully this push sloane.

·
Registered
10,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
okay beside sloane here list of other youngster that haven't won an title yet neither

1. Laura Robson
2. Christina Mchale
3. Jamie Hampton
4. Lauren Davis
5. Alison Riske
6. Annika Beck
7. Anna Schmiedlova
8. Jana Cepelova
9. Zarina Diyas
10. Paula Ormaechea
11. Kristyan Pliskova
12. Danka Kovinic
13. Kristina Mladenovic
14. Victoria Duval
15. Taylor Townsend

·
Registered
10,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Genie is into the final at Wimbledon, I kinda feel like she can win this title as well

·
Registered
10,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Serena won Stanford beeating Kerber in the finals 7-6 6-3 happy Rena won should really help her confidence but what an choke by Kerber she lead 5-1 in the first set & couldn't close it out.

Also nice run by Young American Sachia Vickery making the QF in Stanford

·
Registered
10,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Shelby Rogers cause the upset in roger cup beat Bouchard 6-0, 2-6, 6-0 very shock didnt see this one coming at all. & being double bagel lol

·
Registered
10,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
There alot Upset going on today at Roger Cup

Coco just beat JJ in three sets
Makarova bet Kvitova in three sets
Carla Suarez Navarro beat Maria as well

The most shocking upset has too be on the ATP side

Tsonga def Nole 6-2 6-2 so happy for Jo hope he start moving back up the ranking and back inside the top 10 soon

Also Stan lost too Kevin Anderson as well

·
Registered
27,620 Posts
So Venus will knock Sloane out of the top 20 and also take the #2 American status:p
I can't say I'm too displeased about that but hopefully it will inspire Sloane to work harder:)

·
Registered
10,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
^ Yeah I just saw that, I kinda think sloane will find herself back inside the top 20 by end of the yr. at least I hoping. & I so Happy for Vee, it Great too see her playing good tennis again. Venus is truly the reason why I started watching tennis. As far as Venus next match I have an bad feeling Serena going play her best match of the yr against Venus. I like Serena but she always play her best against Vee, Oh & Pova as well :eek:h:

Also Aga just beat down Vika 6-2 6-2 :eek:shocking considering Aga form as of late hopefully this give Aga some confidence & for as Vika I think she need too rest, if she still injury

Tsonga Also beat Andy Murray in three sets :eek: backing up his win against Nole. SO happy for JO hopefully he can gain confidence as well & keep it up

·
Registered
10,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Vee lost in the Final Sadly :sad: too Aga 6-4 6-2

I think Venus was an bit fatigued, but it was an great week for Venus beating Kerber, & lil sister Serena. plus Vee will reenter the top 20.

Aga nice too see she win an title, she really been struggling with form lately, hopefully this will give her some confidence as well.

·
Registered
27,620 Posts
Yeah a little disappointing end to an amazing week for Vee but it's more than proved she still has it.
None of the top girls will want to see her in their section of the draw at the US Open, that is for sure:lol:

·
Registered
10,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Vee win the first title of the year :cheer: it great to see Venus still having success after all she been through, hoping she bring this form into the Major this yr.

Caro :hug: :sad: Sad too see her lose in the final but no shame in losing to Venus & good week for her as well, IDK why GM got so much hate for her & sloane

·
Registered
10,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
some reuslts from today

Sachia Vickery score an big upset over Alla 7-6 7-6, I so happy for Sachia I been an fan of her since she was an junior, even through she doesn't have an big game, her gamestyle kinda sorta remind me of Aga when she first came out. I hoping Sachia can join the like of Sloane, Madison Keys, Vickey Duval, & Taylor Townsend as future stars for American tennis

Monica Puig also won today easy 6-3 7-5 I been waiting for an while now for Monica to breakthrough an move up the ranking hopefully it happen this year

And tough lost for young America Louisa Chirico, lost to Donna Vekic but I sure we see more her in the future. but on the bright note good win for Donna she just like sloane needed an win today because she as well has been struggling with confidence

·
Registered
10,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Just read Caroline has RA said too hear I know how painful that can be my father as RA. I hope she can find a way to manage it. Would hate for anyone to end there career due to that

61 - 76 of 76 Posts