Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
YOU'RE WELCOME!
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excuse me if this has already been discussed or is complete trash, but on Sky some hours ago, Pam Shriver was talking to the presenter of the US Open coverage in the UK and said that due to CBS not having enough of a gap in the schedules due to NFL coverage, the women's final could not be played on Sunday and would therefore be moved to Monday. All this is providing they can't finish on Saturday, which looks more likely by the minute, but has anyone else heard anything like this?

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
Haven't heard that, but *if* it's the case, I think the Women would be on Sunday and Men on Monday... again *if* we get that far.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
my commentator just said that *if* they dont complete the 4th rounds tomorrow,men's final will be postponed to monday.

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
I think it is stupid how they have to fit in with the tv scheduling, at the moment they should just play whenever they get the chance.

I think the womens final will be on Sunday at the earliest

·
YOU'RE WELCOME!
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sure I heard that the USTA will not ask anyone to play 2 matches in a day, so it is looking extremely unlikely that both draws will conclude as planned. I just expected the women's final to be played before the men's and if they were on different days, to be played the day before. But, Pam ( :hearts: ) said differently and who am I to argue with Pam?

Either way, the words 'piss' 'up' and 'brewery' spring to mind and that's from a Brit who has been rained on during Wimbledon too many times for comfort.

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
DA BACKHAND said:
A Grand Slam final in New York City not being televised on u.s. tv??? Come on, they HAVE to fit in with the tv scheduling.
I don't necessarily mean the final, sure it has to be shown but if an american isn't in it then it won't have great ratings anyway. But I think it is stupid how there scheduling and choice of amtches on certain courts is so obviously dictated by television

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Isn't there more than one TV channel in the US? If the channel showing the football also owns the exclusive rights to the tennis, then they should sell it to another channel who's more committed to showing the finals. That way it wouldn't matter if the final was on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Snuffkin said:
I'm sure I heard that the USTA will not ask anyone to play 2 matches in a day...
I think the consensus is that they won't ask anyone American to play two matches in a day, and thanks to some nifty scheduling yesterday, they shouldn't have to...as long as they get half a day's play today I reckon the women'll finish in time...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts