Tennis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just said something about it on the news.....:)
does anyone know any details? or where i can get some:bounce:

·
Registered
11,911 Posts
Steve, the commitments can be found here:

http://www.tennisaustralia.com.au/T...$FILE/ITF February 2002 girls' acceptance.pdf

VENUE
City of Wollongong Tennis Club
Foleys Road
Gwynneville
New South Wales 2500

PHONE: 9286 1177
FAX: 9650 2743
EMAIL: [email protected]

Steve, if you get a chance to go see some matches. Could you please check out the following players for me please?

* Yurika Sema (JPN)
* Moe Kawatoko (JPN) ;)
* Shiho Tanaka (JPN)

Moe is supposed to be Japan's next big hope. I hope she performs as well there as she's had the last few weeks. :D

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Oh just checked the list, my cousin is playing here :)

Also another guy I know who has an arsehole of a father LOL.

Hope they draw each other first round!

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks danker...wow svetlana kuznetsova is there?

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when does it actually start tho??......

·
Premium Member
181,954 Posts
calm down calm down

This is just a grade 5 .... i dont think Sveta or any of top 50 will be there unless she's been cloned.

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
umm alexsydney u gave me the commitments toaus open , not the wollongong grade 5...lol :(

i got happy..oh well , theres still daniella dominikovic and natalie tanevska to cheer for
:)

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Easy wins for Dominikovic , Lucaszewic and Tanevska! :bounce:
ill be there on monday whe i get back from sydney :)

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ooh someone i played doubles with a few years ago also won...goo Brent :):bounce:

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Danker.....i just got back from my first day , left early cos Dominikovic , Tanevska and Lucaszewic(spelling?) werent there today :(.....

but i got to see an all asian match...i think that Kawatoko girl was playing! both girls were very small in build , one was a Selesian who liked to hit sliced returns low and she was keeping her errors intact! the other gal was just missing everything and looked unsettled..it was like 4-1 or something in set1 when i lfet that match. iT was soo funny , that Selesian girl looked as tho she was playing in her backyard , no intensity ,just laughing talking to passers bye even, but still winning ;)..

i just watched a few rallies of each match before i left...and i saw the last few rallies of this guy i know that trains at my club , he lost in round2 to a really tall guy..

today i wasnt there long......but tommorow ill have match reports cos im gonna spend the whole day there and see Dominikovic , Tanevska , Lucaszewic and a few others.....:)

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tommorow ill see
Dominikovic(5) Vs M.Tanaka
and
N.Tanevska(9) Vs S.Tanaka(2)

Hoping for Nathalie to cause an upset ;):)!...

btw ausboy , whats ur cousins name? i think i saw him today

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i added my report in the juniors forum..

danker next matchs im keen to see..
Dominikovic v Hisami?.....Danis in form :)
Lukaszewicz v Tanaka...goo Luka ;)!

is Hisami any good? Tanaka's all court game is impressive , even tho she lacks power , havent seen Olivia before tho to comment.

·
Registered
11,911 Posts
Olivia beat Shiho last week in Adelaide and went on to win the whole tourney! Hopefully Shiho will come back this time more prepared...

Kanae performed quite well at the National High School Champs last year which is quite a big deal for Japanese juniors. It should be an interesting match-up.

Would you happen to know how Yurika Sema (top seed) is doing? :confused:

There quite a few Japanese girls playing in Grade 5 ITF events the last few weeks. I think the JTA really wants to see them playing in the bigger events from next year in their last year of juniors and get their rankings higher.

No Japanese player has made the Top 50 in juniors since Aiko Nakamura.

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok no prob danker ill check out that top seed , and olivia seeing they both must be contenders for the event..

:bounce:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts