Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would the rest of the top ten look if they had just eight tournaments as part of thier point totals. :sad:

What's more amazing is that they both missed either most or all of the hardcourt season. :worship: :worship: :worship: :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47,533 Posts
DA FOREHAND said:
How would the rest of the top ten look if they had just eight tournaments as part of thier point totals. :sad:

What's more amazing is that they both missed either most or all of the hardcourt season. :worship: :worship: :worship: :eek:

Me thinks that the Belgians would be very far removed of the no.1 rank!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think justine would still be in the top ten, and probably ranked higher than Venus..not sure though.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,830 Posts
who cares for what "would have happened" ?

The fact remains that the Belgians right now are #1 and # 2 in the world. Just learn to live with it.

Its not like playing (and getting 'deep' into) 20 tournaments a year is an easy job :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Obviously you care as you posted your opinion in this thread...thank-you, here's your warm milk ...sleep tight.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,830 Posts
Its only bitter Williams fans like YOU ( who can't accept the fact that right now the Belgians are better than the Williams ) who seem to care ! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,792 Posts
its embarrassing for those players who have to play two or three times more than them and yet are ranked lower...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,830 Posts
At least they are able to "play two to three times more" without getting injured !
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
232 Posts
bandabou said:
Me thinks that the Belgians would be very far removed of the no.1 rank!
No... Justine would be #1.

Justine has 2 slams, Serena has 2 slams.

Justine has 3 Tier 1 victories, Serena has 1.

Justine has 2 Tier 2 victories, Serena has 1.

That adds up to Justine being ahead... by a lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47,533 Posts
Diya said:
Its only bitter Williams fans like YOU ( who can't accept the fact that right now the Belgians are better than the Williams ) who seem to care ! :lol:
Blah blah....they are ranked ahead but they aren´t BETTER than the sisters. Of course they earned their ranking, if you play you gain points.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,792 Posts
Diya said:
Its only bitter Williams fans like YOU ( who can't accept the fact that right now the Belgians are better than the Williams ) who seem to care ! :lol:
yeah the belgians are so much better that they have won 2/8 meetings

* Princess * said:
No... Justine would be #1.

Justine has 2 slams, Serena has 2 slams.

Justine has 3 Tier 1 victories, Serena has 1.

Justine has 2 Tier 2 victories, Serena has 1.

That adds up to Justine being ahead... by a lot.
yeah, if you're dropping her lower tournaments and only counting her higher ones :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,369 Posts
The crazy thing was Venus was still in the top 5, and very close to #4 with only 6 tournaments before Jennifer and Lindsay did well at the Open.

and she's supposed to be in a slump :lol:

and yes the belgians are playing better and deserve their rankings. but if either of them played venus or serena right now, they'd still probably lose
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
720 Posts
I am a Williams fan, but this thread appears to be glorifying them too much. I am sure the haters, know how great the Williams sisters; they can play a slam and win it, without much practice or they can beat a top player even when they are injured.

We know they are great. Just let it be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,165 Posts
It's ironic. On one hand, he tells Seles fans to stop talking about "What if" in the Graf-Seles debates and then he turns around and starts talking about "what if" regarding the Sisters.

Practice what you preach.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,640 Posts
Diya said:
who cares for what "would have happened" ?

The fact remains that the Belgians right now are #1 and # 2 in the world. Just learn to live with it.

Its not like playing (and getting 'deep' into) 20 tournaments a year is an easy job :rolleyes:
its not about having live with it and deal with it. we had to live and deal with serena and venus being 1 and 2. its the fact they do what the ranking system doesn't award, and still are ranked high. i doubt kim or justine could reallly do it.

if next year, they only played 8 tournies, their ranking would outright just drop. venus and serena on the other hand, since they consistently play little, it doesn't hurt them as much as it would others, to drop tournies here and there, and actually have a life w/ other things to do besides tennis.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
232 Posts
SerenaSlam said:
its not about having live with it and deal with it. we had to live and deal with serena and venus being 1 and 2. its the fact they do what the ranking system doesn't award, and still are ranked high. i doubt kim or justine could reallly do it.

if next year, they only played 8 tournies, their ranking would outright just drop. venus and serena on the other hand, since they consistently play little, it doesn't hurt them as much as it would others, to drop tournies here and there, and actually have a life w/ other things to do besides tennis.
Yes, because those ugly white girls have no life at all.

One of them is only married. What a loser. Why doesn't she have career making ugly clothes?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,741 Posts
* Princess * said:
Yes, because those ugly white girls have no life at all.

One of them is only married. What a loser. Why doesn't she have career making ugly clothes?
Dudes usually call themselves princes instead of princesses. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,837 Posts
SerenaSlam said:
its not about having live with it and deal with it. we had to live and deal with serena and venus being 1 and 2. its the fact they do what the ranking system doesn't award, and still are ranked high. i doubt kim or justine could reallly do it.

if next year, they only played 8 tournies, their ranking would outright just drop. venus and serena on the other hand, since they consistently play little, it doesn't hurt them as much as it would others, to drop tournies here and there, and actually have a life w/ other things to do besides tennis.
I don't understand SerenaSlam :confused:
Just because some player isn't your favourite doesn't make him/her less of a human being than your favourite.
Support your own, don't hate on the rest :(

and Da Forehand, seriously now, we've all had enough of twisting the world to make our favourites look better (as hingis-seles attested so well)...

So how about the rankings based on only the YEC from the previous year. I doubt anyone would be able to keep up with Kimmy :bounce:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,857 Posts
Diya said:
who cares for what "would have happened" ?

The fact remains that the Belgians right now are #1 and # 2 in the world. Just learn to live with it.

Its not like playing (and getting 'deep' into) 20 tournaments a year is an easy job :rolleyes:
Hell, forget about getting 'deep' into the draw, playing 20 tournaments is hard in and of itself...!!! :angel: :angel:
 
1 - 20 of 99 Posts
Top