Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG!!! I know I could share this excitement but to my fellow Lindsay Fans.

Its my first offcial tournament under NTRP 4.0 rating.
First round is tonight, I dont mind losing but at least i want to fight and play my best game.

WISH ME LUCK!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
What is NTRP 4.0? Whatever it is, we wish you the best of luck!

I am also in my first tournament, although mine is a little more intermediate than yours. I've always liked tennis, watched it for years, and never really played. This is my first year at a university and I decided to join a tennis and racquetball tournament! I have my first racquetball match tonight and I got a first round bye (for whatever reason) in the tennis tournament. Since I've never really played competitive tennis, I played a friend of mine last week who was a good player in high school and I won 6-1, 6-1! I was in complete shock that I could actually serve, and I almost fainted when I hit an ace. Anyway, I hope I do really well, and I hope you do too, QUEENLINDSAY! Be sure to let us know how it goes tonight!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
OMG!!!!! I WON!!!!!!!
Game Set and Match then he called my name!!!!
3:6 6:4 6:2

Now, I'm happy, going into second round.

Thanks guys for all your moral support.
Lindsayrulez, yeah kick some butt too!!!!! and congratulations.

Here, we got this rating level for tournaments. first is 2.5, 3.0, 3.5 and I'm in 4.0
I believed if you reach an NTRP of 6.0 here your level is somewhat like a begginer pro. I believed these are standard rating in USA. You can ask your tournament what is your NTRP rating.

I cant believed I'm into the second round, but I'm playing the 2nd seed. I just hoped I do well enough to give him trouble even if I lose

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Hey, QueenLindsay, I hope I follow your footsteps in my 1st round match. I can't imagine how it exciting it must have been to hear your name called out like that. Big congratulations! Maybe we'll be rooting for you in the pros some day!

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LindsayRulez said:
Hey, QueenLindsay, I hope I follow your footsteps in my 1st round match. I can't imagine how it exciting it must have been to hear your name called out like that. Big congratulations! Maybe we'll be rooting for you in the pros some day!
Forget about the pros, I'm too late to do that. If I only learn tennis at age 7 to 10.

Anyway, Still Good luck to you and kick some butt!!!!

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Well done on your success
:bounce:

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:( I lost in the second round with the second seed. Not only that!!!!! I was bageled in the first set and went on tiebreak in the second.
0:6, 6:7 (3)

I thought I will really be humiliated after the first set. I'm glad I do better on the second but not enough.

Anyway, Its my first tournament and I hope I can go from that.

Lindsayrulez, whats up?????I hope you do your best.

·
Registered
589 Posts
GREAT RESULT QUEENLINDSAY & LINDSAYRULEZ!!!! CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK TO YOUR NEXT TOURNEYS!!!!
:)
:bounce:
:worship:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts