Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Happy birthday Helen :worship: I thought you died of cancer about 30 years ago :scratch: That's why I was so happy to see your name here :D and find out that you did like the King :)

·
Registered
19,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's what a devoted fan just posted on a Helen Lawson message board. Isn't it lovely? I'm so touched!

"Nobody remembers you when you're old," she said.
"Oh, maybe some friends will," she agreed.

How could she know of the fans who cared
so deeply and felt such a need

to never forget her work and her life,
who admired her for her pluck?

Not many have left such a legacy;
it's not just a matter of luck.

So what is this "something" that Helen had
that held all of us in its glow?

What is it that keeps her fans so adoring,
no matter how much we now know

of the fact that she was an imperfect soul,
just as we all are in part.

What made her so special to those who cared
was she always showed us her heart."

I'm moved to tears, an old dame like me!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Helen Lawson said:
I'm 86 today! Can you believe it? I can pass for a washed out, haggard 45 with all the plastic surgery I've had, but I fess up to 86 today. Some Internet databases say I am 87, but give a gal a break, 86 is old enough!

June 30, 1918, Brooklyn, NY, a STAR was born!
Happy Birthday Helen but we both know you you can add a few years to that 86 - My God one of your first roles was playing Chaplin's mother!

I hope you got the gift I sent - don't you love a nice cactus? I also sent a few colostomy bags for emergencies Helen, we don't want you losing control on Broadway (again)

I hear The Razzies are giving you a Lifetime Un-Achievement award this year. Well done Hel, you beat out Madonna and J-Lo for that and that takes some doing.

·
Registered
10,985 Posts
Happy birthday Helen!!! :worship:
Keep popping the pills and getting the botox and may you live another 86!

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Happy birthday dear Helen... :bolt:

Reactions: Helen Lawson

·
Registered
14,737 Posts
:bdaycake: :aparty: :banana: HAPPY BIRTHDAY HELEN!!! :banana: :aparty: :bdaycake:​

This Oscar's for you! :yeah: :worship:

·
Registered
19,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for your kind words and posts! It never gets old being a "birthday girl" even if I get old!

Jess! Is that you? Is it really you? Still living off my dough, hon? It should last you, you got enough of it! Floyd was NOT a hayseed!!!

Joanie, what can I say? I want win everything.

·
Registered
19,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's what another fan wrote about me today on another message board dedicated to me:

"Another year passes without our dear Helen being in a quality production, but she will always be with us in spirit and the wonderful film, tv and even on-stage
treasures that we can still share.

If you don't think she isn't missed by even her main studio 20th Century Fox...just take a look at today's BIRTHDAY FILM LINE-UP during the day.

Right now...RAWHIDE is on..followed by..WHITE WITCH DOCTOR..SOLDIER OF FORTUNE..I CAN GET IT FOR YOU WHOLESALE and ending with VALLEY OF THE DOLLS.

Soo...if you fans have the FOX MOVIE CHANNEL you can celebrate HELEN'S BIRTHDAY with some wonderful performances and memories of our LADY OF THE SILVER SCREEN..

GOD Bless You dear Helen...

Errol"

God bless you, too, Errol. I get so broken up around my birthday.....

Anne Welles is coming in from Lawrenceville tonight and after rehearsals are over for "The Six Wives: A Musical," we're going to go to "21" and drink a lot of champagne and takes a lot of yellow ones and green ones. When that's over, Lyon Burke is hosting a birthday party in my honor where 100 people are coming. I hope that awful Neely doesn't show up and spoil my birthday!

·
Registered
17,733 Posts
Happy Birthday Helen, Many happy retuns.

Ive just rung the biography channel and they are going to do a third edition of your lifestory "I Never Knew the Dame" they hope you give interviews this time.

Reactions: Helen Lawson

·
Registered
14,737 Posts
Helen's not been around the board much today, I suspect someone got her a lot of those yellow pills for her bday. Helen, hon, you should share with me... I need those pills too! :crazy:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts