Tennis Forum banner

141 - 158 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
54,007 Posts
Embarrassing. Those three are worse choices than upgrading any of the qualifying wildcards
Even a slumping Broady who is not even getting a QWC did trash Zhu last week in Manchester :haha:

·
Registered
363 Posts
In other news, heavy slumpers Kumkhum, Jakupovic & Zhu just received their MDWC :spit:
They didn't get a WC. They are simply the next players in by WTA rankings.
In total only 2 players actually got a MDWC (Hart and Swan), the other 6 are the next players on the entry list.

·
Registered
11,375 Posts
In other news, heavy slumpers Kumkhum, Jakupovic & Zhu just received their MDWC :spit:
They are not officially MDWC @spiceboy

They got in as next in on their own ranking.

Why use this term?

·
Registered
31,209 Posts
Yeah, I would like to contradict all the people railing on wildcards and say that Wimbledon should have awarded their allotment instead of just giving spots to these next-in players. Does this decision mean Swiatek and Watson are considered direct entries instead of wildcards? And ironically Kristýna Plísková should even be in the conversation for a wildcard, but it looks like she will just miss out.

·
Registered
15,569 Posts
Yeah, I would like to contradict all the people railing on wildcards and say that Wimbledon should have awarded their allotment instead of just giving spots to these next-in players. Does this decision mean Swiatek and Watson are considered direct entries instead of wildcards? And ironically Kristýna Plísková should even be in the conversation for a wildcard, but it looks like she will just miss out.

Still Wildcards ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31,209 Posts
Still Wildcards ...

This classification makes no sense :confused:. How can they be considered wildcards when someone below them on the next-in list is not? Either call them all wildcards or not Watson and Swiatek :help:.

·
Registered
15,569 Posts
This classification makes no sense :confused:. How can they be considered wildcards when someone below them on the next-in list is not? Either call them all wildcards or not Watson and Swiatek :help:.

Wimbledon removed Watson/Swiatek from the entry list after giving them the WC.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Wimbledon removed Watson/Swiatek from the entry list after giving them the WC.

well, they're officially not wildcards anymore; only Swan, Dart and Niculescu are the wildcards this year.

PS why was Kristyna Pliskova moved into the main draw after Andreescu's withdrawal? Shouldn't Lauren Davis be as she is the next MD alt?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hey, why not have stuffy member at the All England Club just draw some arbitrary names out of a hat and those people get the wildcards. Now that would make sense for the British, as the way they favor their players is outrageous and unfair. Am I the only one that feels this way?

141 - 158 of 158 Posts