Tennis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
9,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=16848&bannerregion=

Wimbledon Web Streaming Returns
By Tennis Week
05/21/2007

Wimbledon webcasts took tennis fans so close to the courts at the All England Club you could hear the subtle squeak of the strings tighten with tension as players' fingertips tickled the strings of their racquet faces. Wimbledon starts on June 25, but you can tune in to Wimbledon webcasts now.

For the second straight year, tennis fans can subscribe for live Wimbledon web streaming through the official Wimbledon website. A full access pass, featuring the live matches and video On Demand content during The Championships, retails for $24.99.
Wimbledon.mediazone.com is now offering a free webcast of the 2006 Wimbledon quarterfinal pitting Maria Sharapova against Elena Dementieva.

MediaZone, a San Francisco-based global online broadcaster, and the All England Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club announced last month the renewal of their agreement to deliver comprehensive web coverage of the 2007 Wimbledon Championships to global audiences on Wimbledon.org.

Last year, MediaZone and the AELTC collaborated to deliver Wimbledon Live, an All England Club initiative in conjunction with its broadcasters. The broadband video service offered a range of content, including live and VOD coverage of more than 300 matches from up to nine courts concurrently, three free Radio Wimbledon channels of live commentary and ten hours of classic archive footage showcasing the legendary rallies and matches that have taken place throughout the history of the tournament. Wimbledon Live attracted more than 2.2 million unique visitors worldwide, with subscribers accessing the programming from over 100 territories around the world, consuming 300,000 live streams and 250,000 downloads.

In June, Wimbledon Live promises to offer even more coverage of The Championships, including an expanded library of archived tournament highlights, footage and interviews as well as new features. MediaZone and IBM (Information Technology Supplier to The Championships) are working on an entirely new way for fans to interact with the service on Wimbledon.org this year.

"We are thrilled to continue our relationship with MediaZone to offer once again the most comprehensive coverage of the Lawn Tennis Championships at Wimbledon to tennis fans worldwide," said Ian Ritchie, Chief Executive of the AELTC. "Given the success of Wimbledon Live on Wimbledon.org in 2006 and MediaZone and IBM's continued emphasis on creating superior user experiences, the renewed partnership aligns with our mission to honor the rich tradition of Wimbledon while making the event more accessible to fans everywhere."

Live online coverage of the 2007 Wimbledon Championships begins Monday, June 25.
--------------------------------------------------

I wish all the slams would do this! :)

·
Registered
12,309 Posts
This was an amazing thing last year, I still download matches all year round.

I think I'll be away during Wimbledon, so I can catch up when I come home. :woohoo:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts