Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
You just wouldn’t bet against Serena getting her 24 on Saturday if she comes out swinging with that level of confidence

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
2 duds of Semifinals...that's why I wanted Konta to win....she definitely would have made it bit more competitive with her botting atleast

Reactions: grafgoldenslam

·
Registered
54,079 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Serena was flawless and impeccable today. Nobody on tour has a chance against her when she displays this level.

B... bu... but she has no movement, she can't rally, her groundstrokes are horrendous the delusional haters still try to convince themselves ad nausea.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Welp, Serena was on fire today. :worship: Not much else to say, this is her best match in I don't even know how long. I actually think Babs didn’t necessarily using the wrong tactics. She was mixing it up and moving her around, defending well and returning smartly... Serena just had all the answers today. The only real hole were some uncharacteristic dropshot and volley misses for Strycova.

Congrats to Serena! Take the title! :)
And may Barbie win the doubles title with Hsieh and finally get that #1 ranking! :armed:

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
NID. However, Barbie was injured and that made Serena's task even easier. Serena would have taken it anyway. This is Serena's title to lose. Simona would have to come up with a colossal nearly perfect performance to win. Just being realistic.

·
Registered
7,785 Posts
Easy, flawless win for Serena as I expected. No troubles closing out, other than going down 0-40 while serving for the first set. Everything seems to be firing right now. :worship:

Barbie :hug: I'm happy for her she made a slam SF, but she doesn't have anything to hurt Serena with.

Reactions: Material World

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
Flawless.

This was a masterclass. Absolutely everything was clicking today.

Less than one hour - not many players would have had a chance with the way Serena played today.

Barbie didn't play her best but honestly with the way Williams was playing she'll probably win a few more games at best :shrug: I thought she tried to mix it up quite well, but Serena just read her game too well and played with so much confidence and her groundstrokes were clicking.

Barbie can leave Wimbledon with her head held high. Amazing tournament, and she's still in the doubles - win it all now with Su-wei Barbie!!

Serena's best match in over a year - and if this continues in the final, Simona's wig is going to be snatched. I just hope she doesn't get final jitters again aiming for #24.

Save to way the mixed really helped her out! Her netplay today in particular was stunning.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Expected of a Wimbledon SF. This decade, only 3 Wimbledon SFs have gone to 3 sets, and two of them involved Radwanska (she lost both though). By far the worst Slam when it comes to matches in the later rounds, all finals have sucked as of late, too.

Serena-Halep should be fun, I hope.

Reactions: Perun

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
lol. That was practice for Serena. She may hit the practice courts after she gives her mandatory interviews. I just may be updating my signature in a couple of days. It’s been like that since 2017.
Mine has been longing to be updated. ;)

1 - 20 of 114 Posts