Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The website has indicated that the tourny board will announce the seeds on 6/17.

Since this is the only slam that does not have to use the rankings, it will be interesting to see what they do.

Now that Venus is ranked #4 - I would imagine there would be lots of comotion if they seeded her #2.

Think they will just play it safe and go with the rankings?

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
They'll go with the rankings

·
Don't mess with Texas!
5,728 Posts
I thought ANY tournament could change the seedings and Wimbledon was the only one that actually does it sometimes?

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
:wavey: I'm just going to fence sit....can't wait for the 100 threads that pop up here if the don't LOL...Serena should be 1...Venus should be 2....and they shouldn't be allowed to seed on form when they have just all played on an opposite surface IMO :wavey:

·
Snitch
16,148 Posts
Venus should be the #2 seed with Serena #1 seed. She won two straight, and made the final last year...No way Kim should be seeded #2 or #3.

1. Serena
2. Venus
3. Justine
4.Kim
5. Lindsay

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
They'll go with the rankings. :eek:

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
I don't care where Venus is seeded, and this thread is obviously directed at her. What ever her seeding if she's healthy she will at least make the semis, and more than likely the final.

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
TopShotta said:
Venus should be the #2 seed with Serena #1 seed. She won two straight, and made the final last year...No way Kim should be seeded #2 or #3.

1. Serena
2. Venus
3. Justine
4.Kim
5. Lindsay
I agree with this.:eek:

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
In order for Tamarine to get a seed, she HAS to be ranked at least #32, which she isn't.

Unless Tamarine pulls off a miracle, and wins the title in Birmingham, she will most likely not get a seed.

Even with the new seeding rules, you still have to be ranked 32 to get a seed, then they re-distribute who gets what seed.

So, she doesn't have a seed right now. :sad:

·
Registered
24,190 Posts
i also hope they dont go strictly by rankings... so monica can get a top 16 seed... she made the quarters last year.... but maybe she won't even play...

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
If she's not going to retire this year then perhaps she should skip wimby, and go sailing w/Donald Trump. Not to mention this Russian kid has them warning people about grunting again.

Reactions: faboozadoo15

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
the fact that venus has dominated Wimbledon more than any other player on the tour right now over the past 3 years, says that she should be seeded number 1 or 2. I would make her 2 seeing Serena sweeped up wimbledon so bad last year. But when you look at kim clijsters, if they want to seed people by their own standards, she would be around number 5 behind justine and amelie, cuz they have done better than her. but that is just from last year.

If anything Venus is deserving of the number 2 seed. Wimbledon has always used the rankings like this. And I think the danger zone for anyone really is going to be Venus Williams and Lindsay Davenport. And Serena's only problem the entire tournie will be Venus Williams, cuz noone has anything else out there to hurt her on any court except for clay.

Seeds should be

Serena
Venus
Kim
Justine
Lindsay
Amelie
Chanda
Jennifer
Daniela

If they were to make their own seeds for everyone and not even look at the rankings at all....

Serena
Venus
Justine
Amelie
Lindsay
Jennifer
Kim
Daniela

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
okay, I think they'll go with the rankings.

yes venus has won twice and then made the finals. but she is definitely not in form right now, grass or not.

lets not forget that ms. henin made the finals of wimby a few years ago. so she has shown she can play on grass.

personally, I think the rankings are a good indication right now of how the top players are playing. i'm not saying that Venus is the fourth best player out there, but right now, she is not playing as well as those above her. lets give kim and justine credit where it is due. and as much as I would like to be optimistic, I am not sure that Venus can work out all the kinks in her forehand and her serve, and get in grand slam shape, in two weeks. i have a terrible feeling she might go out real early at wimby (I really hope that is not true.. but just have that nagging feeling; and I had the nagging feeling that Serena wasn't going to repeat at RG either..so now i'm really worried about my nagging feelings!)

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
I'm not at all worried about your nagging feelings. If Venus is healthy, she has a great chance of keeping the cup in her family.

·
Registered
34,273 Posts
I have a question for you people ....
Conchi is ranked 17 currently, Coetzer is 16 will Wim seed Conchi as 16 as she's former winner ???

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
helllllo...ummm EXCUSE ME...why the hell is Jennifer #8 on your list...there is something DIFFENETLY wrong here...shes gotten better results on grass than anyone consistantly other than the williamses and Amelie...soooo why the fuck is she #8? weelll at wimbly they better put her @ number 4 or 5....id even say #3

1.Serena
2 Venus
3 Lyndsay
4 Jennifer
5 Amelie
6 Kim
7 Justine

Monica will not play and nobody else made my list because i feel they dont deserve to be in the top 7

even though they will go with the rankings i feel...except with venus...they will put her @ #2

1 - 20 of 60 Posts