29-Gaudio
30-Niemenen
31-Spadea
32-Chela

no Carlos Moya again pffffffffffff :(:(:(

·
Enemy of Art
14,039 Posts
I was right about Hewitt/Agassi, wrong about Ferrero/Roddick.

So "I told you so" and "You guys were right." ;)

·
Premium Member
181,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wonder what they would have done if Carlos had played ???

i guess they would have demoted Ferrero in that case.

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
Oh please! :rolleyes: That`s just ridiculous! :mad:

7 Coria :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .... 100. :rolleyes:
8 Schalken :eek:
18 Marat :eek: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Why didn`t they give Serena the No. 1 seed in men`s draw? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
181,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Clement has moved up alot, pretty pathetic really.
he's done nothing special on grass ever

Marat has done more on grass than Clement ever is likely to do.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Why the shock at Schalken being the no. 8 seed? He had the second best grass season behind Hewitt last year in terms of number of wins. And since Safin has done nothing on grass since Wimbledon 2001 and is ranked outside the Top 20, I'd say 18 was a very reasonable seeding for him.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Well, Clement has been more consistent at Wimbledon than Safin, reaching the last 16 two years in a row (of course, he lost to Safin the first time round in 2001). Plus he has made the final of a grass-court tournament, in s'Hertogenbosch last year, which is more than Safin has ever done.

·
Premium Member
181,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still 15 spots is a bit too much

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Well, I just told you what he's done on grass. I agree that he's been given a rather over-generous seeding, I don't think he deserves Top 16, but he has done enough to be moved up higher than his present ranking.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
OK, I saw you just changed your post. But now I come to think of it, they're also taking into account Clement's recent semi in Halle. Interesting that he's seeded right next to Youzhny, who also made the Halle semis and has also reached the last 16 at Wimbledon in the last two years.

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
Marat belongs to a seed in the first 8, why not No. 7?!?
Has Coria ever won a match on grass? Has he ever played on grass? :rolleyes: It`s no shock at Schalken being No. 8, it`s just the shock they are all above Marat. :sad: Kafelnikov should be seed between 11 and 16, IMO!

·
Premium Member
181,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
clever how they put Henman in 9-12 section ;)
so rather than mess too much with ranks he's got only 1/4 chance of meeting Roddick in 4th rd

had he been 5-8 section then there was more chance of a tougher 4th rd draw against 9-12 seeds

i bet he gets Ferrero has his 1/4 opponent who won't make it that far.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I agree, Kafelnikov should have been placed higher. But I know for a fact that Coria has played at Wimbledon, I've seen a photo of him from 2001 when he had longer hair and a backwards cap.

You can't have it both ways with the Wimbledon seedings - if they're going more by the current rankings then Safin deserves to be seeded outside the Top 16. He would probably be placed higher if he was a consistent success at Wimbledon, but one exceptional result isn't enough to justify that. At least, that is the logic of the seeding committee, however much we can pick holes in it.

·
Enemy of Art
14,039 Posts
With the formula, you have to pick up extra grass points somewhere. If Marat or whoever had no grass points the last couple years and people like Clement, Malisse, and Youzhny have...tough tits, I suppose.

Obviously they stuck to the formula if Malisse got raised to 14, and neither Fed nor Rod could overcome Ferrero.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I don't know whether that's necessarily the best draw for Henman. I reckon he'd have far preferred to play, for instance, Novak or Srichaphan (both of whom he has beaten at Wimbledon before) in the fourth round than either Nalbandian or Schalken, both of whom did brilliantly at Wimby last year. And I shouldn't think he'd be relishing the prospect of Roddick or Coria either - they are both hugely tough for him to play against in very different ways.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Isn't Agassi #1 right now? As a former champion, it shocks me that they seeded Hewitt #1. I mean, ultimately there is no difference between the #1 seed and the #2 seed, so why go against the rankings there?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts