Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
84,762 Posts
Re: Wimbledon R4: Konta d. out of shape Kvitova 46 62 64

How is Petra out of shape? I thought she was getting slimmer than ever? But Petra always getting unlucky with the bothering injury.:(
Anyway, well done Konta for fighting off the nerves and get this win. Hope she gets enough good match play to go further.

·
Registered
703 Posts

Petra's serve bizarrely went AWOL after 8th game.

Should it happen, Joanna vs Serena SF will be the most hyped tennis match in British media history. Not even Murray's Slams and Olympic gold medals will beat it.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts

Konta to save this tournament?? if only

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,774 Posts

What a wasted opportunity by Sloane and Petra. Both taking their feet off the pedals and allowing Konta to fight back in. She may not have the greatest game, but she definitely has the mental fortitude to elevate her level (despite how obnoxious she can be as well).

·
Premium Member
11,662 Posts

Was worried for Konta when she lost that first match point game. But she served well but safe in the final to take the points. Sad for Petra, I adore both players.

·
Premium Member
105,144 Posts

Petra's BP conversion :hysteric:

Strycova stop this abomination pls.

·
Registered
87,388 Posts

Yes!!!!!!

·
Registered
531 Posts

Wow, I did not expect this, I thought Petra will make it into SF or she will win again. I think Petra is done winning slams, she is playing her best tennis since 2011 and 2014 and she cannot win even a slam even in this weak era. Very sad because I thought Petra could be more than two time Wimbledon champion.

·

Feel bad for Petra, she deserves another Wimbledon. But Konta earned this win with more solid tennis.

·
Premium Member
19,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

How is Petra out of shape? I thought she was getting slimmer than ever? But Petra always getting unlucky with the bothering injury.:(
Anyway, well done Konta for fighting off the nerves and get this win. Hope she gets enough good match play to go further.
She didn't practice at all, she confidently said that in the presser :help:

Konta came and dragged her in last 2 sets despite the MTO and injury of her own! :)

Now easy QF match vs lucky Strycova.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts