Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
11,910 Posts
Wimbledon R3: World Number ONE "I Shall not be ingored" Barty def. Dart 6-1 6-1

Not a single result thread for the reigning queen of tennis and her match has been done ages ago. [Inserts Sloane Stephen's so disrespectful gif]

·
Registered
12,161 Posts
Re: World Number ONE "I Shall not be ingored" Barty def. Dart 6-1 6-1

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Too easy, a nice practice for her first match on centre court. Aside from a few occasions she was as sharp as ever.

The two big courts really play heavy compared to outside courts, but Ash has adjusted well.

·
Premium Member
19,845 Posts

:surprise::surprise:: This is kind of sad. I really don't think much of the public knows Barty is #1. Hell, it seems like most of fans don't care either. Those who post result threads should be ashamed of themselves. smh

·
Registered
13,161 Posts

It looked merely like a practice session for Barty, easy peasy. :) Fully expected.

Reactions: Shvedbarilescu

·
Registered
17,932 Posts

Most NID match of the round.

Barty too kind to not double bagel Dart. Just didn't break a sweat today, felt like she didn't even get out of 3rd gear.

Dart is lucky to get to R3 tbh, her game seems rather lightweight at times and her 2nd serve is so, so puffball. A lot of improvements needs to be done.

Barty on a 15 match winning streak and she plays Riske next - could be a tough challenge but probably can extend it to 16.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
64,796 Posts

ignored this one because the outcome is too predictable and too much ladies matches was going simultaneously
Yup. Same.

Dart had a dream draw getting to the third round, when I doubt she would have made it through most sections of the qualifying draw. It's a good experience for her, but it was never in doubt that Barty would make mincemeat of her.

·
Registered
14,924 Posts

Not a single result thread for the reigning queen of tennis and her match has been done ages ago. [Inserts Sloane Stephen's so disrespectful gif]
Well, if it makes you feel better. No one has posted the Kiki Bertens loss to Babs yet, as of this writing. :wink2:

So, it's not just her. :devil:

·
Registered
10,332 Posts

Great practise session for Barty's doubles match later on. :)

In all seriousness I like Ms. Harriet a lot more than the other British scrubs, and really wanted her to get that break that she got so close to in the second set, but she was just outclassed today. I wonder how much higher her ceiling is (despite Ash's kind words in the presser), there are areas to improve but it almost feels like she's already getting the most out of her game. Hmmm.

·
Registered
21,914 Posts

This was the most nid result ever...

Dart is basically a club-level player who got an extremely fortuitous draw, and still barely made it through against the walking dead.

Welcome to the highlight of your life Harriet, hope it was good for you.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts

quite a streak for barty :worship:
Yep, 15 wins, last player to beat her was... Mladenovic back in Rome. Dart never had a chance, I mean I doubt she speaks as many languages as Kiki. But joking aside this was probably her easiest match yet at Wimbledon.

·
Registered
5,749 Posts

People think Ash not being talked about is a bad thing?

Ash literally wants it this way. She’s about the tennis, not the Instagram likes. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 60 Posts