Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Team Vika
47,939 Posts
ALLEZ #FLYWITHCARO :woohoo:
It's just her luck that this result happens with no points but it's still great for her confidence and overall career trajectory. She has a great chance to reach the quarterfinal now and maybe even further ?!

·
Registered
48,871 Posts
the match of the tournament so far

·
Registered
173 Posts
caro is playing the level of tennis that once took her to top 5 ranking. seriously, her game right now is scary good. the post-match interviewer asked her about how high is her confidence right now after 8 wins on grass following her title last week in germany, but honestly, i think what really flipped the switch for her was the title with kiki in paris. if she keeps this level i dont see many players who can stop her :cheer:

·
Registered
14,118 Posts
Best match of the tournament so far. :cheer: The first two shots of every rally were so important, both ladies were returning bullets and playing such aggressive tennis - something like 70 combined winners. GOATcia with 16 aces (many more unreturnables) and 25 net points won? Incredible level. I worry about her injury but it's forcing her to play first strike tennis and right now she is looking like she could be a danger to most of the other ladies in the draw if she keeps it up.

Beautiful hug at the net as well. These two have a nice history together, going back to them playing doubles. It's about time Caro eked out a win against her after losing to her here in 2019 and at home in Lyon SF this year. The crowd atmosphere was amazing on this court. Best of luck to Shuai in doubles! :)

·
Registered
14,862 Posts
Fantastic grass court performance by Caroline, 16 aces and lots of points won at the net, aggressive play at the key moments squeaked this match for her. But Shuai Zhang played so well as well, she is no slouch on this surface and came very close to forcing this to three sets.

Pleased that Caroline's thigh strain or whatever it is, is not stopping her from continuing her streak of grass wins from Bad Homburg, because Caroline is one of the most natural and fluent grass court players left in the second week. It's good to see her playing this well after some rough times.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Garcia finally playing as she supposed to play is such a joy to watch.:love:

The stats of the match are so good for both but especially for Caro :

1st serve :68%
16 ace/2DF
40W/27UE
BP: 2/4
BP saved 6/8
Net point won 25/34

If she was fully fit she would be a contestant for the title playing like this.

·
Registered
14,862 Posts
Best match of the tournament so far. :cheer: The first two shots of every rally were so important, both ladies were returning bullets and playing such aggressive tennis - something like 70 combined winners. GOATcia with 16 aces (many more unreturnables) and 25 net points won? Incredible level. I worry about her injury but it's forcing her to play first strike tennis and right now she is looking like she could be a danger to most of the other ladies in the draw if she keeps it up.

Beautiful hug at the net as well. These two have a nice history together, going back to them playing doubles. It's about time Caro eked out a win against her after losing to her here in 2019 and at home in Lyon SF this year. The crowd atmosphere was amazing on this court. Best of luck to Shuai in doubles! :)
I agree about the sportsmanship and the warm tribute that Caroline made to her opponent in her on court speech speaks volumes about Zhang's likeable personality.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts