Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19,946 Posts
Alize Cornet is coming for Iga Świątek wig. :eek:

As for Liu, she's overrated - very basic player and the movement is not good enough, you could see a stark difference against the Frenchie. There was no way she could win against Cornet on grass unless Cornet would throw in a stinker or get injured again.

·
Registered
36,888 Posts
Let Iga win her match first before we start WWW! Don’t jinx :fiery:

Reactions: TNT96

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
kerber vs ons
cornet v iga

will be bombastic matches!

• Angry
Reactions: jimbo mack

·
Registered
36,888 Posts
Too much jinxing ^^^

Stop :hysteric: :hysteric:

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,933 Posts
If there is anyone who can stop Iga's streak it's Cornet :oh:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Alize Cornet is coming for Iga Świątek wig. :eek:

As for Liu, she's overrated - very basic player and the movement is not good enough, you could see a stark difference against the Frenchie. There was no way she could win against Cornet on grass unless Cornet would throw in a stinker or get injured again.
I agree that Claire’s movement is wonky - she runs very quickly once she’s in motion, but as another poster has noticed before, the initial split step/explosive push off is quite slow. I wonder if this is something that can be worked on or is just a natural bodily reaction sort of thing. That’s so tough vs. Cornet, who is a master of moving the ball and putting it in uncomfortable spots.

That being said, disagree about “basic” - that term is thrown out a little too often nowadays. Liu approached the net 20 times (almost 1 out of every 5 points in the match) and won 75% of points there, plus she outwinnered Cornet today. I think she needs to shift to a more net-focused game on grass (and faster hard) to avoid the movement issues. On clay, she does better because a slower first step isn’t as big of an issue due to the ball fluffing up.

Sad that two of my faves hit each other in 2R, but very interested in how Alize will perform in R3… she’s been in great form these past few weeks!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts