87,477 Posts
MONI :hearts:

Petko :hug:

Reactions: Shvedbarilescu

·
Registered
16,943 Posts
Monica deserve to win.

Petko how long is her journey going to go for I wonder. She can't play like she wanted because it will aggravate injuries, she's reduce to a mere top 100 ish level.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
37,052 Posts
That was an extremely tough match for both players. Very entertaining too. Andrea is a bad match up for Monica. She handles Monica's slice a lot better than most of the tour and she is very solid in all departments. Andrea came out on fire too and at leading 4-0 in the 1st I was wondering how many games Monica might win, if any. Andrea looked that strong. That Monica found a way back into the match and eventually found a way to win it says so much about the grit she has developed over the years. I have to say that grit was one thing that was missing early on in her career when she lost a lot of matches she really should have won. This match is one that she won that arguably she could very easily have lost quite easily. I am so pleased to see Monica playing her best under the most pressure.

Monica won this match at the net and her volleying today was brilliant, as was her imagination and her court awareness. This match was a great showcase for all of Monica's best qualities, it really was.

Commiserations to Andrea who is always a very tough opponent in the early rounds of a slam and who played her heart out in this match too. Andrea is also one of the coolest characters on the tour and I have a lot of respect for her. I wish her well for the rest of the season. :)

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Moni definitely needed this win after missing so much of this season with injuries. Glad to see her back on track, putting the WC to good use. Fingers crossed she stays healthy rest of the year.
Petko :hug:. Did Cikac give her an obscene language code violation warning because she understood Andrea's outburst in Croatian/Serbian?

·
Registered
40,195 Posts
Alright now, Monica! :yeah:

·
Registered
13,243 Posts
Great to see Monica scoring a GS win in singles again :)

·
Premium Member
64,880 Posts
Congrats Monica :hearts:
Petko :bigcry:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts