Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a great MD debut for Kaja. :worship: Finished with ace. And as gift for first grand slam main draw win match against Serena Williams. :) Good luck! :yeah:

·
Registered
12,827 Posts
Kris Plis very fortunate with LL and late withdrawals this year + the fake win over her sister.

Should be outside the top 100 if were basing it on form. Doubt she would have qualified for this, she has no forehand!

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Thrilled for Kaja :hearts:

First MD win, and now a chance to present herself on a big stage against a legend of the sport.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Kris Plis very fortunate with LL and late withdrawals this year + the fake win over her sister.

Should be outside the top 100 if were basing it on form. Doubt she would have qualified for this, she has no forehand!
She won ONE match as LL, hardly enough to make a difference in her ranking

Juvan barely beat her (Kris ended up winning more points, too) and she managed to qualify, so why wouldn't Kris be able to qualify?

·
Registered
115,984 Posts
I see Juvan beat Gauff in paris. Now they're both in round 2 in Wimbledon

·
Registered
42 Posts
Watched the first set and most of the last set of this match. I have to say Kris has some of the most boneheaded shot selection out there. At a key point in the first set she went for a between the legs on a very reachable lob (it landed mid-court, she was not fleeing to the back tarp) and of course, it went way out. She makes her service games much harder than they need to be and yeah her footwork is abysmal. Juvan has a nice serve and strong groundies, but that she needed three to take out Kris the way she played today makes me think she's got some work to do...

·
Registered
56,658 Posts
18 yo Kaja ! :yeah:

A wonderful win for her. She is the real deal. Good nerves, groundstrokes and serving.

Serena next. Happy for her that she can play this legend. Serena only plays few tournaments and matches anymore. And will retire in near future I guess. So this should be a great experience for young Kaja. She has nothing to lose. No pressure at all. Also Serena is quite rusty. Who knows what will happen. Maybe Kaja has a small chance. She must serve well and make Serena move.

Kris Pliskova :eek:

Kris is overrated. She has a strong serve. But the rest (movement !) is rather poor.
Her great tennis (serving) against her sister was a fluke. Now her level is back to normal.
Those who say that Kris is more talented than Karo are crazy and know nothing about tennis.
Kris has the stronger serve (often), but everything else Karolina does better than Kris.

·
Registered
54,667 Posts
TBH don't really know why but I was worried a little when I saw Kristyna so close to Serena in the draw - good job, Kaja :yeah:

3 Slovenian players in R2 :eek:

·
Registered
26,168 Posts
So after Jakupovic left the top 100, it looks like Juvan is heading there soon and there will be three Slovenians there again. Amazing that such a small population can produce three top 100 players. The Balkans are so good at tennis.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Movement between the sisters is night and day. How is it possible. The forehands are pretty different too but the movement is just.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Not a bad grass season for KrPlis. Decent result in Birmingham with a win over a top 5 player.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts