Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
40,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hug:

She managed to serve it out and it meant a lot to Sabine, she has a winnable next round as well, Can she finally win back to back matches.

If Babos had beaten Niculescu she would not of been here...

·
Premium Member
62,821 Posts
So happy for Bine :bounce: :hearts:
We haven't given up on you, yet!

Reactions: Miranda

·
Registered
39,336 Posts
Some excellent commentary from the official Wimbledon livestream

This is what I had written down after set 2

The commentators are so excellent and spot on for Lisicki. She was up 6-3 2-0 over Babos and they asked: "Who is gonna win?" They wouldn't dare to say.

Then at 3-2 break up and serving, Sabine started hitting these errors we've seen from her in all of her losses this year. I was sure it was gonna be difficult for her then. And all opponents know: Just stay tough, she'll likely crumble.

Quickly afterwards, Sabine loses the second set to Babos. Has looks on her faces saying "oh no, it's happening again" (referencing her win-loss ratio this year).

Commentators keep saying: She's a human being, we love to watch this human side, we all know the pressure, but it's still sad to watch with Sabine given her talent. "She's simply dissolved".

And then they ask: "How do you turn your brain off and just play tennis?"

They say Sabine should rather play low-level matches to learn winning again and have fun rather than keeping to compete at the highest level.

So onto set 3 then, sad to watch.
But she DID it, and even mostly won it with her own play in set 3! :yeah: Will need to qualify here to make a turnaround though, I think

One more line of commentary after the end of the match: "Stats don't matter for this match. It says nothing about the heartbeat." Spot on.

·
Registered
15,078 Posts
Bittersweet result for me; Timea was so close to getting the WC in Ilkley - now she loses 1st round of qualies - but it's to Sabine, who clearly really need this as well.

·
Registered
85,718 Posts

·
Registered
39,972 Posts
Sabene! :woohoo:

·
Registered
18,442 Posts
Lipsticki...

please make the main draw and ruin someone's bracket.

:eek:h:

·
Registered
85,718 Posts

Reactions: ziggy2shus3
1 - 20 of 48 Posts