Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
16,943 Posts
Re: Wimbledon QF: Strycova def. (19) Konta 7-6(5), 6-1

Crowd was on Barbies side, Konta was given the cold shoulder :lol:

Love this result, Barbie's grass game was masterful. But I hope she loses to Serena.:p

·
Registered
42,278 Posts

Mentally Konta is very weak in high pressure situations for example the French as well,

However good run here and shes getting it back.

Strycova played so well! Made her first ever semi final here, Serena will trash her I imagine, but what a great result for Barbie :)

·
Registered
17,932 Posts

Barbie :cheer:

Those hands at the net :drool: her grass court prowess and her play today from 1-4 down :drool:

Jo's game is so basic and she struggles so much against variety I'm surprised more players don't just slice and dice her to death. Her inability to cope with Barbie's variety was tragic. Her forehand today was probably worse than Wozniacki's. Barbie just targeted it to death. :lol:

I'm so happy for Strycova making her first GS SF at 33 years old. So much skill and talent on display - the British crowd even started warming to her game more than Konta's I felt as the match went on. If only Muchova went through her QF also today *sigh*

Serena/Strycova in the SF should be an interesting one! With the way Strycova has been playing and keeping her head in check I think she has a shot at the upset although Williams leads the H2H 3-0

If this is Barbora's last Wimbledon, what a way for her to end her Wimbledon career achieving her career-best result here.

·
Registered
6,921 Posts
Jo will look back at this match and wonder what the hell happened. At 4-1 she looked comfortable then all of a sudden forgets how to hit a forehand. The entire second set was Strycova floating the ball to Jo’s forehand who rewarded her with an error several feet over the baseline. Probably the worst match she’s played all year :eek:

·
Let's have a kiki!
102,623 Posts

YES :banana:

Well done Barbie :cheer:

Konta :happy::bigwave: now back to crying :kiss:

·
Registered
2,098 Posts

Even Barbies deserve their moments :kiss: Solid grass court show from Barb ... many exceptional shots :worship:
Jo has a problem in big matches on big scenes to fulfill the role of favorite :shrug:

Reactions: Veesus Christ

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Konta's basic and ugly game exposed.

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Bahahaha! Wow. Congrats Serena, on your 24th. Konta was probably the player left that could match Serena on service holds.

·
Registered
28,375 Posts

WTA's leading lady in handshakes reaches her first Grand Slam semifinal at the age of 33....:angel:...

·
Registered
151 Posts

Better player won, very happy for Barbora, she’s great to watch and didn’t let the crowd against her hinder her play.

Konta has led in many pressure matches this year (Rabat final, FO SF, this match) and has let it slip away. Shows that the mental side of things is still not 100% there. Regardless, a good tournament for her which I hope can correspond well to the hard courts so that ranking can rise even more.

1 - 20 of 161 Posts