Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wimbledon Q2: [WC] Sabine Lisicki d. Raina 6-1 7-6 [4]

Bine on fire :cheer:

Reactions: ziggy2shus3

·
Registered
34,198 Posts
Two wins in a row :bowdown:.

Her next opponent is Lesley KERKHOVE, who will not roll over, but should not be impossible to beat. First time winning consecutive matches at any level this year for Sabine though, so we'll see if another is one too many or if it will give her new-found confidence to keep going.

Reactions: PLP

·
Registered
34,198 Posts
Also worth mentioning that RAINA beat Sabine a few weeks ago 6-3, 6-1 in a challenger (right after Sabine finally won her first match of the year), so this win is some nice revenge and demonstrates that her confidence is finally improving.

Reactions: PLP and Perun

·
Registered
35,862 Posts
I hope that this is the start of a nice turnaround in form and not just a last gasp of air like Schiavone had qualifying for Roland Garros last year. Maybe she'll pull a Goran and win the title ;-)

·
Registered
12,256 Posts
Lisicki gets revenge!! :devil:

First time this year that she's won two matches in a row... But I think Lisicki will qualify now, she is building confidence! :cheer:

·
Registered
488 Posts
A very pleasing win for many reasons. I'm actually finding myself happier, somehow, with the way she recovered and re-took control of the second set after a nasty mid-set wobble than her absolute dominance in the first. Really satisfying.

·
Premium Member
64,853 Posts
Congrats Bine :inlove:

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
I hope that this is the start of a nice turnaround in form and not just a last gasp of air like Schiavone had qualifying for Roland Garros last year. Maybe she'll pull a Goran and win the title ;-)
God I'd so love that :sobbing:

Reactions: PLP

·
Registered
87,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
87,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
She was always losing close matches, it was just a matter of time, luck and confidence.

·
Registered
9,322 Posts
Lisicki waiting for the last Q round to send her fans in ruins. :devil:

Go Lesley! :cheer:

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
This is great for her not only because it gives her a chance to qualify, but also because it gives her a chance of being a LL if she’s not completely on her game tomorrow

1 - 20 of 39 Posts