Tennis Forum banner
61 - 80 of 164 Posts

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
40,806 Posts
Terrible result for tourney. Coco is still capable of bringing really high level (like she did in Charleston against Pegula), what would make her really tricky opponent in 1st round, even some seeds would prefer to avoid her. While Chwalinska is pretty nice girl but well she is just a scrub, any decent player will dismantle without any bigger problems.
:bounce::cheer::banana::rofl::bigclap::rocker::rocker2::yippee:

If Coco is so good and Maja is just a scrub perhaps you can explain how the scrub beat this player who is so so good. Or maybe you are clueless in your assessments. Sorry but I have to introduce that possibility too.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
A glorious result for tennis :hatoff:

Six sets in three matches, now she will get the well-deserved rest!
All her matches were 3 sets, so 9 sets in total.

·
Registered
19,184 Posts
Super Maja qualifies into a GS tournament. :love:

She makes Ostapenko look friendly. Glad she’s out. Terrible attitude whenever I watch her play, thankfully doesn’t happen too often this season.

Huge achievement for Maja! Hope for a good placement in the draw.
I remember some trashy behaviour from Vandeweghe but that sabinelisckifansss channel on youtube did elucidate me further on how bad Coco can act. :tape:

I thought she was just ordinarily trashy from time to me, barely one of a bunch of unlikable players and could not understand why she's so hated over here but the more I learn the clearer it becomes why. Coco Vadeweghe is featured around 7:00.

Her warm-up in a match against Gorgodze ... so disgraceful.

·
40,806 Posts
I feel like I’m the only one on TF who doesn’t root against Colleen - I think she’s hilariously entertaining. (I know for sure I probably wouldn’t get on with her in real life though 😬)

I can’t recall hearing of Chwalinska before. I see comments about her history of depression. I’ve just driven to London so my brain is too tired to check her background - is she an up and comer potential star?
Everything you need to know about Maja Chwalinska...
1. She is tiny. Can't be more than 5'4. I suspect she is more like 5'3 if that.
2. She has incredible hands. The girl has unbelievable touch and people have been talking about her dropshots for a long time. She is as crafty as they come. Sort of a mini Radwanska.
3. She has suffered with both injuries and depression and took time out last year due to that depression.
4. She is incredibly down to earth, sweet, humble and very very likeable.
5. She would be a huge asset to the game if she establishes herself as a regular on the WTA tour. It is hard not to pull for such a likeable, crafty, diligent young lady.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I feel like I’m the only one on TF who doesn’t root against Colleen - I think she’s hilariously entertaining. (I know for sure I probably wouldn’t get on with her in real life though 😬)

I can’t recall hearing of Chwalinska before. I see comments about her history of depression. I’ve just driven to London so my brain is too tired to check her background - is she an up and comer potential star?
She was on gold winning team of Junior Polish Fed Cup with Iga (and Stefania Rogozinska-Dzik), junior doubles final of AO with Iga. She's won two singles 60K and one 25K ITF tournaments in her career.
Her game resemble Aga Radwanska a bit, both crafty players with great hands. Maja is a lefty though and is shorter than Aga (164 cm vs 172).
IMO she has big potential but was plagued with injuries that led to problems with confidence in her game and depression (Long story short, it's definately deeper than that).

·
40,806 Posts
she is still too short for top 30. these wins don`t make her taller.
Probably true although I would love for you to be wrong on this one, not because I enjoy you being wrong but because it would be really nice to see her top 30. I bet you'd like to be wrong on that assessment as well. ;) But anyway, think top 100 is very realistic and top 50 is viable if she continues to work hard, stay healthy and get good support. Staying top 50 for a long extended period could prove difficult but again I'd be delighted for her to prove me wrong.

·
Registered
6,791 Posts
i am thinking that Poland is like living in a general mobilization state mentally inside the country bec of the war. in addition to Iga`s wind, i think societal conditions also pushes the players more. one must expect this from players of the countries in the actual war but such wars makes both of the sides lose as we can see the overall performances of the players from both countries.

·
Registered
14,127 Posts
Ostapenko takes a lot of flak for her attitude, but she has nothing on Vandeweghe. The only thing less likable about Ostapenko than Vandeweghe is her wardrobe.

My only regret from this match is that Maja beaned Coco in the face with a forehand only once. :oh:

·
Registered
209 Posts
:bounce::cheer::banana::rofl::bigclap::rocker::rocker2::yippee:

If Coco is so good and Maja is just a scrub perhaps you can explain how the scrub beat this player who is so so good. Or maybe you are clueless in your assessments. Sorry but I have to introduce that possibility too.
Where i said "Coco is so so good"? I just said Coco has much higher peak than Chwalinska and she would be much more dangerous opponent. If you don't agree with that assessement, then sorry but it's actually you who is clueless and it's not possibility but reality.

·
Premium Member
4,184 Posts
She called Maja an awful person. It is times like this that a player needs a mirror to speak to rather than an opponent.

Matches like this are why I love tennis. Seeing tiny, smart crafty players outclassing arrogant lumberjacks who are practically twice their size is what it is all about for me. This was classic good def evil. David slaying Goliath bigtime. We don't get enough matches like this but it is great when they happen. So happy for Maja, she is so adorable and humble and bright full of gratitude unlike the entitled Trump supporter she sent home.

I really hope Vandeweghe doesn't get a LL spot in the main draw.
Coco is probably the butchest female Trump supporter I’ve seen :oh:

·
40,806 Posts
I remember some trashy behaviour from Vandeweghe but that sabinelisckifansss channel on youtube did elucidate me further on how bad Coco can act. :tape:

I thought she was just ordinarily trashy from time to me, barely one of a bunch of unlikable players and could not understand why she's so hated over here but the more I learn the clearer it becomes why. Coco Vadeweghe is featured around 7:00.

Yeah, however one cuts it Coco is just a nasty piece of work. Coco mentioned karma when Maja missed a shot at one point. Frankly that Coco has languished outside the top 100 for almost 4 years is karma working at it's very best.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Super Maja qualifies into a GS tournament. :love:

OMG what a pathetic gurl

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Everything you need to know about Maja Chwalinska...
1. She is tiny. Can't be more than 5'4. I suspect she is more like 5'3 if that.
2. She has incredible hands. The girl has unbelievable touch and people have been talking about her dropshots for a long time. She is as crafty as they come. Sort of a mini Radwanska.
3. She has suffered with both injuries and depression and took time out last year due to that depression.
4. She is incredibly down to earth, sweet, humble and very very likeable.
5. She would be a huge asset to the game if she establishes herself as a regular on the WTA tour. It is hard not to pull for such a likeable, crafty, diligent young lady.

She is 164 cm.

·
Registered
34,884 Posts
Yeah, however one cuts Coco is just a nasty piece of work. Coco mentioned karma when Maja missed a shot at one point. Frankly that Coco has languished outside the top 100 for almost 4 years is karma working at it's very best.
Just for the purpose of clarity, you don’t like Coco do you?

·
Registered
6,791 Posts
Probably true although I would love for you to be wrong on this one, not because I enjoy you being wrong but because it would be really nice to see her top 30. I bet you'd like to be wrong on that assessment as well. ;) But anyway, think top 100 is very realistic and top 50 is viable if she continues to work hard, stay healthy and get good support. Staying top 50 for a long extended period could prove difficult but again I'd be delighted for her to prove me wrong.
totally agreed.

61 - 80 of 164 Posts