Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With Martina Navratilova requesting a WC and with the luck of the draw there is a chance that she might face Serena in the very first round. In that case who would you think will win?
Consider the facts:With Serena showing a front and a cabooze the size of an Amtrak engine car, her mobility and agility have been severely impaaired. Living in the delusional fantasy that she is an actress and a Hollywood star a la Julia Roberts or Whoopy Goldberg, she has lost her capacity to focus and her desire to win. With a long standing lack of practice, her shotmaking and stroke abilities are out of whack.
This is important because people who don't know much about tennis think that once a player reaches top skills these stay with her/him forever.But most tennis skills such as reactivity and target precision are totally dependent on constant practice, otherwise they quickly fade .
Martina, instead, continues to keep her self in perfect physical shape and constant practice plus doubles match making.
So who would you say would win? Please provide a brief statement of reasons.

·
The Comeback Begins - January 2010.
8,475 Posts
None. Because it's just a dream

·
Registered
254 Posts
I don't know who the winner would be, but the loser is definitely Cris Senior for coming up with such luminaries as "Serena showing a front and a cabooze the size of an Amtrak engine car" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ....

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Serena in 2, but one set could be tight... Nav may be able to kickass on grass still against players like...Castano who honestly despise and are useless on grass. ( I don't mean that in a bad way, just how it sounds) But I think any player with Serena's ability would murder her weak serve & expose her poor movement, those are the two things she's lost due to age... It would be fun to match Martina vs. Martina or Nav. vs. Serena, etc. though:)

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
If it is Serena's first tournament back, Martina N in straights...If it's not, then def. Serena, no matter what kind of shape she is in...It would be a fun match, esp. if it isn't a first round...I would love Navra to win a round or two...Also I still hope the Martina's play dubs together this year, but I think Hingis wants to win the Grand Slam with Mahesh...Anyway, tangent...Serena and Martina N should play dubs together, they would be a great team! :bounce:

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
The Navster would have a chance if Serena got caught up in the theater of it - obviously this would be a center court match.

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
Navratilova in two sets in a first round matchup.

Serena would need a few rounds of "cannon fodder" to tune up and wouldn't be able to handle such an experienced and in-form player. Any of the top 30 players would do Serena in on the first round.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
well first you have to assume that serena won't be playing clay court season and the french open. IF she did great, she could be back into the top 20 and not have to worry about facing her. but if you really think martina n. can beat serena, even at serena's current state, you are dead wrong.

·
Registered
18,807 Posts
it's impossible. there's no natrilova nor navatrilova player existing. :retard:

·
Banned
7,113 Posts
Interesting.

Serena OR Martina N could be drawn against ANY top player in the first or second round :tape: Well, after Serena reaches the FO final (losing to Venus) she should have her ranking moved back up!

:worship:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts