Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
10,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you pick for Wimbledon? I pick Serena, Justine, and Sharapova. I will be writing another fine article about it soon. :D

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
1. Henin
2. S.Williams
3. Mauresmo
4. Sharapova
5. Ivanovic
6. Jankovic

·
King
28,858 Posts
People who have done well at RG have tended not to do so well at Wimbledon over the past few years :shrug:

·
King
28,858 Posts
last year Henin won RG and reached the final at wimby.
So it's possible
Im not saying its impossible obviously Henin made the final of Wimbledon after winning RG last year, other than that only Clijsters last year managed to replicate the same feat of a semi final at Wimbledon. i doubt the same people who done well here will have the same success at Wimbledon, it hasn't happened like that since 2003 where the semi finalists where pretty much the same at both and the game is much different since

·
The only girl in the world.
20,969 Posts
Lol RG has not been finished yet and you're thinking about Wimbledon. Is it because Serena lost and RG ended for you? :p
But seriously, I would wait for the grass season to begin, especially for Eastbourne and then we shall see.

·
10,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol RG has not been finished yet and you're thinking about Wimbledon. Is it because Serena lost and RG ended for you? :p
But seriously, I would wait for the grass season to begin, especially for Eastbourne and then we shall see.
:tears: Its really sad because it has effected my happiness. I really need a hobby.

·
Banned
134 Posts
Venus Serena will win Wimby.

I really love the positive feelings and hopefullness williams fans have, but Venus is certainly not playing the way she needs to be to be winning any major titles.

So id strike her off that list.

Why is Venus always selected as `gonna win this slam`at every slam by a certain group..........:confused: i KNOW shes your fav, but realistically she hasnt been playing well at all...so i dont get the hype u put on her.

Serena on the other hand.....:hearts:

·
King
28,858 Posts
I really love the positive feelings and hopefullness williams fans have, but Venus is certainly not playing the way she needs to be to be winning any major titles.

So id strike her off that list.

Why is Venus always selected as `gonna win this slam`at every slam by a certain group..........:confused: i KNOW shes your fav, but realistically she hasnt been playing well at all...so i dont get the hype u put on her.

Serena on the other hand.....:hearts:
People said the same about Venus before Wimbledon 05

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
she did it in 2005, too... so... and she has the game for it and she loves wimbledon. if she can play more consistently she sure could reach a qf or so. and from then on anything could happen. but well it doesnt seem to be the case just for now.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts