Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
29,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ZHANG bagled LEE from 0-4 down in first set :happy:

the only notable thing the LEEs did in this match was to complain about HAWKEYE:

NID that even with a WIDE OPEN draw, WOZ will NEVER reach a Wimbledon QF :rolls:
@Scrubaball
@danieln1
@Tim.
@Juju Nostalgique
@Baby-Na

·
Registered
21,351 Posts
Woz had bad serving stats. Less than 50% won on either serve. Well done to Zhang. Really on fire this tournament.

·
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
11,376 Posts
Another fluke run from Zhang to keep her ranking afloat for another 12 months :facepalm:

I actually believed Wozniacki’s rant this time, the balls did look really long. No excuse for the 1st set choke though.

·
Registered
14,027 Posts
Thank you Shuai for eliminating the whiny Caroline!

I missed the 1st set but apparently Zhang came back from a 0-4 AD deficit there.

·
Premium Member
44,797 Posts
Perfect match from Zhang :worship:

Nothing Wozniacki could do, and as a fan I can tell she was playing well today. :yeah:

·
Registered
18,595 Posts
Wozniacki complained about the calibration of HE and that it was wrong when 3 calls went against her (she was obviously wrong - HE was correct). David Lee even joined in the complaining in the 3rd one where he gestured that the ball was way out (in fact, it was way in). :eek:h:

Actual scoreline after 0-4, 15-40 2 BPs down was 6-0, 6-2 for Zhang Shuai.

Woz was pathetic, basically just pushing and waiting for errors. Chanda Rubin summed it up perfectly by saying that Woz has built a career out of her opponents errors and that she was an opportunist, and she showed that today. When Shuai cleaned up her game, there was nothing she could do - except complain of course, about HE no less. Pathetic all around, deserved loss.

Shuai was amazing after 4-0 down - didn't give up and found her game in the nick of time and just demolished Wozniacki. Some of those DTLs :drool:

Has a really great chance to make a GS QF here!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Caroline is slowly losing what has made her a top player - her fight/grit/determination. She’s letting things that cant be changed effect her too much.

Congratulations to Zhang, I was courtside for her match against Garcia and could totally see her making a deep run here.

·
Registered
14,448 Posts
Although I've gone off Zhang since her stupid comments about Swan, I'm not sorry to see the whiny 'it's not fair' Woz out.

Reactions: PLP and Perun

·
Premium Member
19,677 Posts
Roserena dog walking Mrs. Lee :happy:

Her husband getting involved not even Mirka is this annoying, but it looks like it runs in the family as soon as he wed her he inherited the Complaniacki virus :lol:

·
Registered
116,007 Posts
This was a domination after the first 4 games, and in this half, where none has reached a Wimbledon final. Maybe this can be the breakout player from China that the tour needs

Reactions: SAISAI-GOAT

·
Registered
9,539 Posts
Poor Woz, they calibrated hawkeye only in her disadvantage. Those brilliant Chinese hackers! :hysteric:

Chinese Wall beats Danish Wall. :worship:

·
Registered
21,351 Posts
Another fluke run from Zhang to keep her ranking afloat for another 12 months :facepalm:

I actually believed Wozniacki’s rant this time, the balls did look really long. No excuse for the 1st set choke though.
Zhang can be dangerous. This win makes up for her choking to Svitolina at AO.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts