Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
24,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As part of the new court 1 celebrations today, one of the exhibition matches pitched Venus against Kim.

Kim still hitting the ball so sweetly and moving well. Venus with some great shots but was generally hitting the ball down the middle to produce longer rallies.

Tiebreak played at 5-5 which Venus edged 9-7!

Hopefully won't throw her off her clay prep by having this random inrerlude!

·
Registered
24,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the thread , great match and Venus looks much healthier and happier than in Rome.
She seemed very happy and smily which was nice to see!

She was rolling her serves in at about 85mph but hopefully this is more because was an exhibition as opposed to issues with the arm!

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
That was a lot of fun. The ball sounded so good off Kim's racket. Nice to see Venus looking so happy out there. Also good to see Kim win the mixed later on!

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Waaait, whut?! What did I miss?! :eek:

Why did Vee play on grass just a week before RG starts :unsure:

Kim does not look fit, but still hasn't lost her touch at all :worship:

·
La nuit je mens
89,768 Posts
Yeah, Kim looks very out of shape. Good to see she still is able to make it close then.

·
Registered
39,981 Posts
Can't recall many hugs between Venus and other players. Good to see they enjoyed this so much.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Look at the crowd! :eek: I did not even hear about this event
There was a ballot for tickets a few weeks ago and a big demand. I'm pleased it got 3 1/2 hours on BBC1 so we could all see it. I must say I'm surprised Venus agreed to play but very glad she did :yeah:

·
Registered
38,373 Posts

·
Registered
25,077 Posts
More proof that Venus should have been skipping the clay court season for the past few years anyway.

·
Registered
42,686 Posts
Kim has still got it, she was hitting serves at 106mph, Venus was playing like it was a fun exho, but watching it made me think, kim why didn't you give us a couple more years, shes very unfit now, and she seems to be enjoying retirement a lot now. But she'll always be one of my favs :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts