Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
27,442 Posts
Oh wow , Kuzzy first alt and Heather and Boulter will need WCs
Kuznetsova will receive a WC if needed I think.

Next In/First Alt have received many WCs in the past and players with much less pedigree than her.

Thanks Emilio as always so useful :worship:

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
We still don't know whether Sharapova and/or Makarova are back for Wimbledon so there are still a lot of chances Kuznetsova (and even Jorovic) can make it without needing any WCs.

I'm pretty sure Swiatek will receive a WC as last year's junior champ considering she's so close to the entry cut off.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
They automatically put everyone in unless informed otherwise.

Still a while to go before wildcards have to be announced.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
And if Wimbledon hadn't increased the qualifying to a 128 draw with 16 qualifiers then #105 would have been the cut-off.

Bad timing, Hev!

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
I'm sure Kuznetsova will get in before it starts anyway, but if not, I don't think she'll get a WC. She may be a 2 time slam winner, but her Wimbledon (her worst slam) and grass record in general is pretty modest, and I think Swiatek and the grass ITF winners would be prioritised before her.

·
Registered
15,471 Posts
We still don't know whether Sharapova and/or Makarova are back for Wimbledon so there are still a lot of chances Kuznetsova (and even Jorovic) can make it without needing any WCs.

I'm pretty sure Swiatek will receive a WC as last year's junior champ considering she's so close to the entry cut off.
yes, Makarova withdrew early(april 30) from Roland Garros

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
We all know that this is the Main Draw entry list, for qualifications there will another totally independent list in couple of weeks.

We also know that the first 200 in the ranking are automatically entered by WTA.

But my question is: what's the reason to enter into this MD list for players outside the 200 place?

If they are here, they have voluntarily entered: do they hope that there will be more than 100 withdrawals, or what?

What sense makes for someone so low, as Errani and Zarazúa for example, to enter this list?

Just to remind people they are alive?

·
Registered
455 Posts
We all know that this is the Main Draw entry list, for qualifications there will another totally independent list in couple of weeks.

We also know that the first 200 in the ranking are automatically entered by WTA.

But my question is: what's the reason to enter into this MD list for players outside the 200 place?

If they are here, they have voluntarily entered: do they hope that there will be more than 100 withdrawals, or what?

What sense makes for someone so low, as Errani and Zarazúa for example, to enter this list?

Just to remind people they are alive?
An assumption : May be you need to enter if you ask for a wild-Card ?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
77,858 Posts

Probably just for "fun". It's just couple of clicks to enter.

There are plenty of players who enter tournaments without any intention to actually play.

1 - 20 of 185 Posts