Registered
54,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Reactions: goldenlox

·
Registered
54,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Honestly, I expected a bit more classical kind of roof...that looks soooo Melbourne Park :lol:

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
The roof looks ugly but if it's fit for purpose I will be happy. So the old Graveyard of Champions is now Court No 3? Is the third pic the new sunken Court No 2?

·
Premium Member
181,943 Posts
old Court 2 looks really weird now
just looks a whole lot diff without benches, seats around outer courts too

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Court Two is hot! :hearts::inlove:

·
Banned
25,017 Posts
Court 2 looks great now :)

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
I hope they give the green light for the construction of a new stadium at RG with that roof:angel:

would be nice if Ame went healthy at Wimbledon this year and didn't have to deal with the bloody wind and bad thigh and has a cool draw:angel:

·
Banned
30,623 Posts
I hope they give the green light for the construction of a new stadium at RG with that roof:angel:

would be nice if Ame went healthy at Wimbledon this year and didn't have to deal with the bloody wind and bad thigh and has a cool draw:angel:
The roof in Roland Garros is set to be completed by 2012-2013.

·
Winner
14,940 Posts
I went to the new Court 2 last year and it seems like there will be a great atmoshpere in there when matches are played. When you're in there you can't see anywhere else on the grounds and if there's loads of people clapping and a match going on, you won't be able to hear anything else either.

The rest of the grounds there are unrecognisable without courts, stands, dividers and everything else. It's scary to think in that last picture, that there will be hundreds of people all crowded in over those 3 patches of grass.

·
Registered
12,309 Posts
Wimbledon is so goddamn beautiful to visit. This just brought back a lot of memories from last Spring.
Don't mind the new roof, especially since I'll now be able to watch all day...
And yeah, Court 2 looks great too.

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Have they changed the old court 2? I know its now called called 3.

I thought the were changing it in order to stretch out that whole area so all the walkways were wider?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
what's the odds it doesn't work
I'm sure at least one of the bookmakers will be offering odds on that. Don't worry though we'll just wheel out old Cliff to distract everyone from the fact that they the bloody thing doesn't work.

·
Premium Member
171,102 Posts
Its looking pretty good from what i can see. It'll be nice to even have 1 match to watch ( on tv and on the grounds ) when its raining at Wimby :D:bounce:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts