Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lauren flopping as expected.
Carla is her nemesis including the double bagel at Usopen.
Carla only up to the 29th position in the ranking even with this great result out of nowhere.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I have nothing against Carla, but if she makes it to the quarters here that has to be the best proof that Wimbledon this year is green clay.

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
CSN has done well to get to second week of Wimbledon and will probably herself be the first to say she’s exceeded her own expectations. I don’t know what she should be thanking the most, Sharapova’s left arm, the tennis draw gods or the very dry slow playing courts this year.

·
Registered
646 Posts
CSN has done well to get to second week of Wimbledon and will probably herself be the first to say she’s exceeded her own expectations. I don’t make what she should be thanking the most, Sharapova’s left arm, the tennis draw gods or the very dry slow playing courts this year.
As if Maria was going to beat her. :spit:

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
A few sparks from Lauren but was never really in this one at all.But hopefully this week will give her a boost before for the home tournaments.:cheer:

Was pretty disappointed Carlta didn't do better at RG as the draw fell apart so good to see here in the second week at Wimbledon again. When she is playing well her game is great to watch on any court.:hearts:

However I think the chances of that first Wimbledon QF must be regarded as slim......

·
Registered
560 Posts
Carla has been in pretty awful form so to make the second week here at Wimbledon is pretty shocking. Love her game, heres to hoping she can complete the career QF slam and win one more round lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,324 Posts
End of the road for Lauren but a fantastic tournament for her. :D

Carla could use a nice boost in points so happy for her.

·
Registered
10,332 Posts
Lauren really struggles in these matchups against a lot of spin and slice. Still an awesome week for her and I hope she can continue playing well. :)

Very happy for CSN who must be loving the court speed this year :lol:, she has done a good job of keeping her ranking in the seeded zone! Having said that, we all know that once she gets this deep in the tournament it's just playing the waiting game until she flops out of the competition. I wonder if she'll ever break the 'QF is enough' duck. :sad:

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
CSN is just to good for Little Lauren Davis. Davis had 30 UFEs to CSN's 17.
Davis lack of power causes her to go for more winners, but that results in UFEs.
This match shows that something was wrong with Kerber, who was easily beaten by Davis.
Davis hit a lot of winners against Kerber, but that is because Kerber couldn't run.

·
Registered
That Woman
4,620 Posts
La Carla with her 16th grand slam R16. If I counted right, that's:

-The same # of career R16s as Halep and Li/Na.
-'Only' 7 fewer than Azarenka, 5 fewer than Wozniacki, 3 fewer than Kerber, 2 fewer than Kvitova.
-More than Muguruza, Pliskova, and Safina.

God I hope La Carla makes a Wimbledon QF sometime in her career, and makes a slam SF at some point. Pull a Schiavone with a late-career run.

·
Registered
21,228 Posts
La Carla with her 16th grand slam R16. If I counted right, that's:

-The same # of career R16s as Halep and Li/Na.
-'Only' 7 fewer than Azarenka, 5 fewer than Wozniacki, 3 fewer than Kerber, 2 fewer than Kvitova.
-More than Muguruza, Pliskova, and Safina.

God I hope La Carla makes a Wimbledon QF sometime in her career, and makes a slam SF at some point. Pull a Schiavone with a late-career run.
she's often underestimated. Her USO run last year was quite a good one. I just hope she doesn't get cleaned 2 and 0 by Serena. She deserves better than that.

Reactions: WilliamsOhanian

·
Registered
That Woman
4,620 Posts
she's often underestimated. Her USO run last year was quite a good one. I just hope she doesn't get cleaned 2 and 0 by Serena. She deserves better than that.
Agreed. I'm optimistic, because Serena's been misfiring a bit when going for aggressive returns, so this could be La Carla's best chance to force the action a bit, and especially to not be on the back foot immediately in every rally.

Hoping it goes three either way!

·
Registered
39,486 Posts
4th round after that catastrophic match against Zidansek last week :help: women's tennis is so useless

1 - 20 of 21 Posts