84,931 Posts

·
Registered
21,893 Posts
I knew this last week.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
We knew it was happening, but I'm so gutted. We already see few grass tournaments, and now the whole grass season is gone :(

Also, all the people who depend on slams for their livelihood are going to suffer.

·
Registered
84,931 Posts
So dissapointed and sad.

·
Registered
21,893 Posts
We knew it was happening, but I'm so gutted. We already see few grass tournaments, and now the whole grass season is gone :(

Also, all the people who depend on slams for their livelihood are going to suffer.
That's being handled.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
33,817 Posts
If someone told me at the start of the year that Wimbledon would be cancelled and it wouldn't even be a "BOMBSHELL" I would know right then and there that this was going to be a pretty difficult and painful year and so it is turning out.

I don't know how long it will be before we see tennis again. Right now there are more important things going on like trying to save lives. That will remain the focus of this planet now until we find a cure for the coronavirus and rightly so. But I have to say I do miss tennis and I'm sad we are going to go through a summer with no Wimbledon, even though I am still aware in the bigger scheme of things there are more important matters right now.

I suppose the one positive note I can bring right now is that I know this won't go on forever and in a year or so (fingers crossed) tennis and all the other things we love in life that we miss will be back. And hopefully because we will no longer take them for granted we will enjoy them even more.

·
Registered
31,043 Posts
I knew this last week.
We get it, you're a journalist. Shoving that down everyone's throat at every single possible opportunity is not a good look.

Unfortunate about Wimbledon but not surprising. It's crazy how quickly we've gone from Indian Wells (and then Guadalajara haha) getting cancelled being a bombshell to now a collective shrug for Wimbledon.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts