Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Great opportunity for her. The time has finally come for Belinda to stop being "eh" at slams.

R1: Pavlyuchenkova...she's already made her slam QF for the year and has been a general flop since. Probably will be 3 sets but Bencic should get through.
R2: Voegele/Kanepi - Voegele doesn't have it, Kanepi could be a threat but this is Belinda's best surface.
R3: Vekic/Riske/Kerkhove/Jorovic - The winner of Vekic/Riske should make the 3rd round. Don't see Donna beating Belinda twice in a row, Riske shouldn't beat Belinda even if this is her favorite surface.
R4: Barty/Kuznetsova/AVU/Muguruza - Barty will be tired, hot streak doesn't last that long in 2019 WTA. Kuznetsova has no chance, neither does AVU. Muguruza is a ??? always but with her current form, no chance.
QF: Kerber/Serena/Goerges/Sharapova/Suarez Navarro - The quarter from hell will tire out all of these players. Suarez Navarro is terrible on clay, Sharapova is a non-factor and can't beat Kerber and Serena in the same tournament on grass, Goerges is in general decline besides her last tournament, and Belinda just beat Kerber so she has a great chance against her with some major confidence. Only possible threat is Serena, and it depends on which Serena shows up at Wimbledon.

Perfect opportunity for Belinda, no chance she's giving this one up.

·
Premium Member
4,506 Posts
I don’t yet trust her to deliver without calling her coach every 5 minutes.

I also wonder about the psychological fallout from her blowing that lead against Kenin and then losing to Alexandrova of all people the next week.

·
Registered
18,924 Posts
I agree that Bencic is the favourite out of the top half section. She also has beaten Angie and Serena, has the fierce character to be motivated in top matches.

I seriously doubt that Barty will win back to back Grand Slams as it is so difficult to do. Let's not forget that Noami had 6 months to refocus after her maiden Grand Slam, but Roland Garros/Wimbledon is even tougher to accomplish.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Vekic, Riske and Muguruza are all legit opponents for her and I wouldn’t be so sure of her getting past them.

Barty is also a huge task.

Serena, Sharapova and Kerber are like...really tough for her.

It’s definitely possible that she makes the SF, especially if the draw falls apart. But this draw is really tough for everyone in the quarter. I wouldn’t be betting on anyone getting through it, and if I was - Belinda probably wouldn’t be my highest bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Well this is her specialty right? Beating couple of top opponents in a row...

Reactions: skinnylegend

·
Registered
11,348 Posts
This is Bencic’s first healthy year (Fingers crossed) on tour since 2015 due to injuries. “Finally” is not applicable.

Fail troll attempt.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
This is Bencic’s first healthy year (Fingers crossed) on tour since 2015 due to injuries. “Finally” is not applicable.

Fail troll attempt.
So it's a "fail troll attempt" when someone does it to your fave, but it's not when you do it regarding Angie and Svitty?

Why is that? :confused:

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Great opportunity for her. The time has finally come for Belinda to stop being "eh" at slams.

R1: Pavlyuchenkova...she's already made her slam QF for the year and has been a general flop since. Probably will be 3 sets but Bencic should get through.
R2: Voegele/Kanepi - Voegele doesn't have it, Kanepi could be a threat but this is Belinda's best surface.
R3: Vekic/Riske/Kerkhove/Jorovic - The winner of Vekic/Riske should make the 3rd round. Don't see Donna beating Belinda twice in a row, Riske shouldn't beat Belinda even if this is her favorite surface.
R4: Barty/Kuznetsova/AVU/Muguruza - Barty will be tired, hot streak doesn't last that long in 2019 WTA. Kuznetsova has no chance, neither does AVU. Muguruza is a ??? always but with her current form, no chance.
QF: Kerber/Serena/Goerges/Sharapova/Suarez Navarro - The quarter from hell will tire out all of these players. Suarez Navarro is terrible on clay, Sharapova is a non-factor and can't beat Kerber and Serena in the same tournament on grass, Goerges is in general decline besides her last tournament, and Belinda just beat Kerber so she has a great chance against her with some major confidence. Only possible threat is Serena, and it depends on which Serena shows up at Wimbledon.

Perfect opportunity for Belinda, no chance she's giving this one up.
Can you just imagine the meltdown on TF if Sharapova DID in fact, against all odds, beat Kerber and Serena back to back??? If she wanted to forever shut the haters up, this is her golden (Rose Gold) opportunity. However, I hope Bencic goes deep. I think she definitely will make SF if she just plays her game. BUT I think she for sure would lose to Serena or Sharapova if she faced them.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
^^ This isn't a Pova thread.
No shit. That's why I mentioned Bencic at the end. I'm sure u just read until Sharapova tho. Like the Kerber fan you are ?

The OP mentions Sharapova's name...literally it's RIGHT there. I can riff off that, it's not against the rules at all.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
No shit. That's why I mentioned Bencic at the end. I'm sure u just read until Sharapova tho. Like the Kerber fan you are ?
That's why you shouldn't have brought up Pova to begin with especially when you have the opportunity to bring her up in a multitude of other threads - which you do, and you have. Give it a rest mate.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
You're not my mate and never will be. Save the fake for some other fool. The OP brought up Pova (and Kerber and Serena and Kanepi and everyone). This is a forum...it's kind of the point to read a post, divulge it and reply. You're smart;)
It wasn't an invitation for friendship :lol: The OP was speaking in relation to Bencic, not Pova. But you always make it as though the world revolves around Pova. It doesn't.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts